VIVE Software 2.0.18.4 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Software 2.0.18.4 – Beta Release Notes
Released August 26th 2021

Vive Console

[General]

• Fixed a bug where VIVE console doesn’t show up when SteamVR monitor is minimized

[Vive Pro 2]

• Fixed a bug where users may not able to select Ultra/Extreme mode when installed multiple GPUs on one system
  • Added DSC support for newly released GPUs

[Cosmos]

• Fixed a bug where Vive Lens in a rare chance will not display properly when enabling motion compensation on some workstation

[OpenXR]

• Fixed an error which causes game engine to crash between the switch of editor mode and play mode

Hello Vive Team,

Bad result for me: from 2.0.18.3 to 2.0.18.4 I have very bad performance for the VP2 (Setting set to Ultra + SteamVR at 60% => moreless 2500x2500 per eye in the steamvr console), lot of stuttering.... a pain to play, nothing change in my ring exept that update of the Vive software (no windows update or else)... and see nowhere option or things for DSC ...  Using from steam the public version 2.0.18.2 I have better result, do the same test and game multiple time...

PS: Sound buzzing/cracking randomly + vertical black lines visible not corrected too ...

My ring for the VP2 : 10850K + 3090FE + RAM 32Go

moi depuis la mise a jour, plus rien ne marche, fs2020 me sort directement du jeu lorsque je centre la vr, il2 ne fonctionne plus du tout !

suis obligé de désactiver le mode beta et revenir sur l'ancienne version pour faire marcher certains jeux, mais il2 ne veut plus se lancer en vr du coup ..... sympa ! et dans fs2020 , je me retrouve avec des bugs dans l'image, l'imagne n'est plus nette autour du tableau de bord, des images fantômes , y a t 'il une nouvelle version du logiciel de prévu ????? 

On 8/26/2021 at 6:24 PM, TheLK said:

Hello Vive Team,

Bad result for me: from 2.0.18.3 to 2.0.18.4 I have very bad performance for the VP2 (Setting set to Ultra + SteamVR at 60% => moreless 2500x2500 per eye in the steamvr console), lot of stuttering.... a pain to play, nothing change in my ring exept that update of the Vive software (no windows update or else)... and see nowhere option or things for DSC ...  Using from steam the public version 2.0.18.2 I have better result, do the same test and game multiple time...

PS: Sound buzzing/cracking randomly + vertical black lines visible not corrected too ...

My ring for the VP2 : 10850K + 3090FE + RAM 32Go

Ultra resolution on Vive Console + SteamVR SS 60% 2500x2500?

Why not just have High resoltuion in Vive Console and leave SteamVR SS at 100% 2448x2448?

Vertical lines, lots of people reporting this. Sound buzzing from the headphones, again lots of people reporting this. The vertical lines may fix itself over time, but the sound buzzing I had it since release day. Sending it back for repair.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vboy425 said:

I guess I'm lucky.  So far no issue with any versions or weird VP2 screen issues.  I think people are overheating or bad overlock on their CPU/GPU. 

Nothing to do with OC or bad CPU/GPU. Other VR headsets work fine. It's the Vive Pro 2 itself with bad quality control. That's why some of us are told to RMA by HTC themselves.