Vive Pro 2 - black screen / ghost images / audio buzzing on both wired & wireless.

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

I believe your VP2 is on the way back to you already. I've also checked the ticket, I think they have tested it before sending it out. 
It should be fine.

Yes I have the UPS tracking, it says it will be here tomorrow. Thank you.

Remember when you said it should be fixed on the 1st RMA? 😉 I don't get my hopes up. I will just test it tomorrow and see what happens. I hope my link box and cable is also sent along with my Vive Pro 2, as I was told to send them for the 2nd RMA

@C.T.

I just wanted to inform you that I have received my Vive Pro 2, with link box and long cable. I plugged it into my PC and it's working right away. No more error 200 and the display has turned on. I have noticed the audio buzzing is also gone in both headphones. Thank you for fixing this.

After 1 month and 2 RMA's, I am glad to say it is now fixed. I appreciate the support and communication. I hope for future HTC releases, the devices are thoroughly tested and released without hardware bugs/software issues. You can understand from a customer perspective and spending a lot of money, you would hope it works without having to send the device back 2 times.

Thank you once again. Ticket can now be closed. It feels strange being in VR again after 1 month.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C.T. said:

Perfect. I'll ask them to review the process on the 1st return. 

• Display works with no more error 200 and turns on.
• No more audio buzzing
• No more visual glitches like black lines or green/red lines

---------------------

Black screen after a couple of minutes in every VR session. It's still happening. I'm in High setting using the wired connection. A black screen will occur, but it's not recovering. I have to then click on steam HMD and restart the headset to fix it. This is one of the original issues I pointed out in my ticket and in the letter I put with the Vive Pro 2. If they plug this in for a few minutes, they would have got the same issue. I produced many Vive Console and Steam reports before sending the Vive Pro 2 off twice. What do we do now?

@C.T.

Hello,

I believe I figured out the issue. When I received the Vive Pro 2 back after the 1st RMA, the screen had no display and I was constantly getting error 200. So I did all the reports, tested all my hardware, tested all my software, uninstalling and reinstalling everything again. After doing all that I sent the Vive Pro 2 back for a repair, they agreed the display was broken and had to be fixed again.

I got it back recently after the 2nd RMA, everything was much better. I noticed 2 times where the screen would go black. I believe I have found the issue. When I am in VR, SteamVR was a FRESH install because of the 1st RMA. This means it reset all my settings. So by default the VR HMD would go to sleep if it doesn't move for a minute.

When I work in VR, I keep my head still and looking at one of my monitors in VR. So after 1 minute, if I don't move my head at all, the screen was going to sleep. This shouldn't be a problem, but it is. My Vive Pro 2 doesn't wake up again when I move my head. I can hear the sounds in my Vive Pro 2, but the display stays off. Maybe this can be a software/firmware fix?

I can change this setting to 5 minutes or I can edit the .ini file and change it to never go to sleep. I am still testing this, but I think this is the problem where the screen goes back, even if I am in VR and naturally keeping my head very still. I will keep testing this, as it has only done it a couple of times. Then I remembered, this is a fresh SteamVR install, so I had to change these settings again.

image.png.150644d4c3bb35584d1e728a9a424d77.png

**EDIT - STILL HAPPENING  😞

My screen just went black again at 12.30pm. Submitted another Vive Console report.

I thought this was going to fix it, but when I sent the email to support... I sitll got a black screen for 1 second, which then recovered. I have no idea why these black screens keep happening. Sometimes, before the repair, it would just not recover at all. The black screen happens and the only way to fix it was to restart my HMD in SteamVR...

Edited by AmazingTechVR

I'm frankly really scared about my purchase. I had to send it twice also but not for the same issues. I looked at your repair reports and it very looks like mine... lol 

image.png.f989b7804b768561cd07615d952dcf55.png

Like no joke, what the hell is that ?

The "faults added by client" is nonsense, definitely not how I described the failure and I guess it's the same for you.

My issues were tiny vertical scan lines with head movement and audio buzz. This is the second RMA because the first one was (No fault found)...

It was really fast for me too, As they received the headset they sent it back with all of these components replaced ? I'm scared that they didn't test the headset afterwards... As I live very far away from the repair center I have to send it to the retailer first and then they are sending it back to HTC. So transporting is long and also expensive, I have to spend 39€45 each time I'm returning the headset, no need to tell you how furious I was the first time I sent the headset....

I personally don't know what's gonna happen for me with this "repaired" headset, I might as well be in the same situation or maybe not. I'm kinda scared of the company TBH. It seems like they do "generic" repair and super quickly like machines and I really feel like there's no humanity behind all of this and some kind of sense. It's really hard to explain.

I'll keep you in touch. I'm really feeling sad for your situation, I just hope you wouldn't have to return it again.

2 hours ago, GAMEDRIX said:

I'm frankly really scared about my purchase. I had to send it twice also but not for the same issues. I looked at your repair reports and it very looks like mine... lol 

image.png.f989b7804b768561cd07615d952dcf55.png

Like no joke, what the hell is that ?

The "faults added by client" is nonsense, definitely not how I described the failure and I guess it's the same for you.

My issues were tiny vertical scan lines with head movement and audio buzz. This is the second RMA because the first one was (No fault found)...

It was really fast for me too, As they received the headset they sent it back with all of these components replaced ? I'm scared that they didn't test the headset afterwards... As I live very far away from the repair center I have to send it to the retailer first and then they are sending it back to HTC. So transporting is long and also expensive, I have to spend 39€45 each time I'm returning the headset, no need to tell you how furious I was the first time I sent the headset....

I personally don't know what's gonna happen for me with this "repaired" headset, I might as well be in the same situation or maybe not. I'm kinda scared of the company TBH. It seems like they do "generic" repair and super quickly like machines and I really feel like there's no humanity behind all of this and some kind of sense. It's really hard to explain.

I'll keep you in touch. I'm really feeling sad for your situation, I just hope you wouldn't have to return it again.

They fixed nearly all issues. The problem is, how I had so many issues with it. I made an entire list of all the things I experienced with it and photos of it on the 1st page of this thread.

Receiving it on launch day, so many issues and should never have left the factory. Way too many things to be wrong with it and feels like it didn't go through any Quality Control process at all.

The 1st RMA when returned to me made it worse with no display at all now. That shows no testing was done, for it to become worse than what I originally had. Black screen was so obvious the moment it was plugged in. They confirmed same when they received it back from me.

2nd RMA when returned to me seemed to have made everything better. I do encounter black screens, still testing it, but nowhere near as bad as I used to have it. So they've fixed all but 1 issue. My OG Vive has no problems, it is this headset. I've done at least Vive Console reports and SteamVR reports. Submitted it all and provided time of when black screens occur. I'm about 95% happy with it, just the black screens can catch me out when I've started in VR and lose display.

There will be no 3rd RMA for a repair. If after my further testing proves it is still a big issue with black screens, the only option is for a replacement. I've gone through extensive testing.