HTC Vive Pro 2 cameras - "camera communication failed"

I thought I would refresh the UPS tracking page. It seems HTC's claim to UPS has been approved, that confirms it hasn't been found. Not heard back from support yet via email.

Do I get a brand new one in a commercial box? Not from a dusty shelf in HTC Romania repair centre? Or do we just refund after all of this effort?

image.png.7487080664754906a5c7564171646170.png

What an absolute shit show this has been.

6 months of troubleshooting and 4 returns for my Vive Pro 2 to the repair centre... then it was lost. Nobody would just replace it with a new working Vive Pro 2. What did I get out of this? My money back and now I'm left with other HTC equipment that I cannot use.

Email from support... I'm getting a refund. I have my Vive Wireless, 4x basestations, 2 Index controllers and vrtube gunstock, all of which I have no VR headset for.

Why could nobody have just sent me a new replacement? I wasted 6 months on this.

Sorry you didn't get an ideal VR experience with VIVE.

We have generated a refund for your order #(VPA00.....)

Note that if you haven't request it, this refund might be due to a failure to deliver your shipment.

Please allow 5-7 business days for your refund to appear in your account.

Order's Reference number: VPA00....

Order Date: May 12, 2021

@C.T. UPDATE:

As there are no alternative VR headsets with 5K at this price range, I found 4 HTC Vive Pro 2's on Ebay. The seller got them for his business, but only 2 were used. I received 1 today, still fresh new smell, no hair or dust on it and stickers on the lenses. It didn't seem used at all.

After plugging it in. ALL of my issues have gone. The cameras are working, no dead pixels, no audio buzzing, no display glitches, no ghosting. Every single problem gone. All HTC had to do was send me a NEW replacement and not a dusty refurb one off their shelf.

This proves all along, my 1st headset was definitely faulty with display ghosting & glitches/audio buzzing/cameras not working. Then the "new" replacement they sent me from repairs (covered in dust/hair) was a refurb and cameras were not working/dead pixel etc.

The bonus is, I got this £200 cheaper and it's working perfectly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AmazingTechVR said:

@C.T. UPDATE:

As there are no alternative VR headsets with 5K at this price range, I found 4 HTC Vive Pro 2's on Ebay. The seller got them for his business, but only 2 were used. I received 1 today, still fresh new smell, no hair or dust on it and stickers on the lenses. It didn't seem used at all.

After plugging it in. ALL of my issues have gone. The cameras are working, no dead pixels, no audio buzzing, no display glitches, no ghosting. Every single problem gone. All HTC had to do was send me a NEW replacement and not a dusty refurb one off their shelf.

This proves all along, my 1st headset was definitely faulty with display ghosting & glitches/audio buzzing/cameras not working. Then the "new" replacement they sent me from repairs (covered in dust/hair) was a refurb and cameras were not working/dead pixel etc.

The bonus is, I got this £200 cheaper and it's working perfectly.

Sorry about the experience, I'll forward to related department. Hope you enjoy your headset. 

@C.T. I received 3 emails from HTC support stating I will get a refund, the official email stating 5-7 working days. I have now been told that I cannot get a refund because it has exceeded the timeframe. I also cannot get a replacement. I was told to open a claim with PayPal, but that has exceeded the 180 day timeframe from the original pre-order date back in May.

HTC said they cannot refund me, cannot replace the item and PayPal cannot refund me.

HTC has already claimed the loss from UPS when it was lost in transit somewhere in Romania.

HTC owes me £659

This is the last thing I needed after all of this.

Can someone please get someone senior at HTC to assist with this complete mess?

Dec 14, 2021, 22:27 GMT+8

Dear ,

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting HTC Vive Support.

We do understand your situation and frustration and apology for any inconvenience that has happened.

Please note that we have received a feedback that we tried to issue the refund from our end, however the system refused as the order exceeded the refund time limit and the only available option to get the refund is through PayPal.  So please try to contact PayPal to request the refund from them.

Kindly also note that unfortunately, we will not be able to proceed with the replacement option. However, if you want, you can place a new order for the headset. 
At the moment, we do not have offers for the Vive Pro2 headset, however you can check our Christmas offers for some of our products from this link: https://www.vive.com/uk/promo-2021-christmas/

Best regards,

VIVE Technical Support

I had 2 emails from support stating they will action the refund and this email too...

VIVE eStore <estore@vive.com>
Tue 14/12/2021 03:03

Dear ,

We have generated a refund for your order #(VPA00....)

Note that if you haven't request it, this refund might be due to a failure to deliver your shipment.

Items Qty Price
Subtotal £719.00
Shipping Fee £0.00
Handling Fee £0.00
Discount (VCON-######) -£60.00
Grand Total (Incl. Tax) £659.00

Vive Pro 2 Headset Pre Order

1 £719.00
Edited by AmazingTechVR

1 hour ago, AmazingTechVR said:

I had 2 emails from support stating they will action the refund and this email too...

VIVE eStore <estore@vive.com>
Tue 14/12/2021 03:03

Dear ,

We have generated a refund for your order #(VPA00....)

Items Qty Price
Subtotal £719.00
Shipping Fee £0.00
Handling Fee £0.00
Discount (VCON-######) -£60.00
Grand Total (Incl. Tax) £659.00

Vive Pro 2 Headset Pre Order

1 £719.00

this is shocking...they've robbed you...its incredible your experience....

• Like 1