VIVE SRanipal Installer Installation Failed - Error 1001 The system cannot find the file specified

Hi, I followed the tutorial and tried to install the SRanipal, but I failed the first time as my account is not a admin. But the second time when I am using an admin account, I encountered the Error 1001 problem.

spacer.png

It turns out I am not the only one who got this problems. Other users have similar situation as shown here

I think @nickie123 gives a pretty clear explanation. The problem is likely due to the incomplete installation or uninstallation. I have tried all the solutions I can find online but still have no luck. I really don't wanna reinstall my computer just for this SDK. Any advice would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I found a fix for this today, if you look into the directory in which SRAnipal is being installed, usually Programfiles/Vive, then go into the SRAnipal directory and copy everything out into a temporary directory. Allow the installer to fail, and delete everything within the SRAnipal directory, (this may lead to you needing to kill a running sranipal process). Then, copy everything from your temporary directory over to the original SRAnipal directory and execute the sr_runtime.exe. This worked for me, and no clean boot is needed. Seems the error is thrown after the actual install process, so nothing is missing even though it didn't 'complete the install'.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, kwig said:

I found a fix for this today, if you look into the directory in which SRAnipal is being installed, usually Programfiles/Vive, then go into the SRAnipal directory and copy everything out into a temporary directory. Allow the installer to fail, and delete everything within the SRAnipal directory, (this may lead to you needing to kill a running sranipal process). Then, copy everything from your temporary directory over to the original SRAnipal directory and execute the sr_runtime.exe. This worked for me, and no clean boot is needed. Seems the error is thrown after the actual install process, so nothing is missing even though it didn't 'complete the install'.

This worked for me but it's ridiculous how broken all of this is.

• 9 months later...

Helped this instruction found on redit

1. make sure you uninstall sranipal

2. Open the Windows command prompt (CMD) with admin rights and type in "sc delete SRanipalService".

3. Then delete 3 registry from regedit: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VIVE\SRWorks\
    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VIVE\SRWorks\

4. Also this, but I did not have it \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SranipalService\

5. Delete all files under C:\Programs\VIVE\SRanipal.

6. Reinstall SRAnipal.

Edited by VRgerne
  • Like 1