Vive Pro 2 possible going bad

dburne

Ok so after a couple of more back and forths earlier today I have heard back from another HTC Support person asking for some info to process the return for them to inspect and do whatever I guess. Have sent them the info and will proceed with the return once I have the necessary info back from them.

I will say after reading some reports of others experience on these forums I am wondering how mine is going to go. It is not a cheap headset and needs to just work. I have owned several VR headsets since I first got into it in Jan 2017 and this is the first one I have had any issue with.

In the meantime I am having great fun with my games with the Index. I do hope they get me sorted on the Vive Pro 2. When it is working it is a very nice headset.

Edited by dburne

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm was looking on Vive's support site on how to return the headset. It shows I should remove any accessories including the cable.

Do I not send the cable back with the headset?? That would not make sense in case it is a cable issue?

https://www.vive.com/us/support/vive-pro-hmd/category_howto/how-do-i-prepare-the-headset-for-repair.html

Edited by dburne

And also maybe I should send Link Box as well with the cable ? Just seems to not make sense not to include the cable and Link box in case one of those might be the culprit with my headset?

I did receive the RMA with Fed EX shipping label, I am in the states and thankfully it is going here to WA.

I emailed support back asking about sending the cable and Link box along with the headset.

Edited by dburne

11 hours ago, dburne said:

And also maybe I should send Link Box as well with the cable ? Just seems to not make sense not to include the cable and Link box in case one of those might be the culprit with my headset?

I did receive the RMA with Fed EX shipping label, I am in the states and thankfully it is going here to WA.

I emailed support back asking about sending the cable and Link box along with the headset.

I find it interesting how different the experience for us in the states is.

I had a green vertical line in my right screen and after a few hours of support chat got a RMA and free FedEx shipping label. I was told it would be repaired but in the end they replaced it. I only sent the HMD back with no cables but my replacement had the cable from the HMD to the link box attached. Mine also went to the repair center in Seattle Washington.

Hope you get the same experience I did for which I am very happy.

24 minutes ago, SparkerInVR said:

I find it interesting how different the experience for us in the states is.

I had a green vertical line in my right screen and after a few hours of support chat got a RMA and free FedEx shipping label. I was told it would be repaired but in the end they replaced it. I only sent the HMD back with no cables but my replacement had the cable from the HMD to the link box attached. Mine also went to the repair center in Seattle Washington.

Hope you get the same experience I did for which I am very happy.

Thanks yeah me too. My fear is if I send headset only and the issue was really with the cable or even Link box and they find nothing wrong.

Hopefully I hear back from support on this question soon as I have the shipping label now and would like to get this sent on back asap. My gut tells me I should send it all back but want to wait for confirmation from them.

Well I heard back from support, Headset only to be sent - they said if it was the cable not to worry they would send a new one. Not sure how they will determine that if I am not sending the cable or the link box. Guess I will just send the headset and hope for the best.

If the repair center is in seattle I wouldn't worry at all. I'm pretty they'll do a good job testing and repair/replace your headset.

If you had to send to romania tho I would worry for you as they seem to be 3rd party service with really clumsy/junky looking repair center.

I'm not only saying it because of that, but mostly because of what happened to me and many others with the romania repair center at ctdi electronics, even in the report they struggle with english and nothing makes sense on paper, scary thing. But I wouldn't worry if my headset were sent to seattle, I'm pretty sure they'll atleast test your headset after repair and not just doing things tacky.

6 hours ago, GAMEDRIX said:

If the repair center is in seattle I wouldn't worry at all. I'm pretty they'll do a good job testing and repair/replace your headset.

If you had to send to romania tho I would worry for you as they seem to be 3rd party service with really clumsy/junky looking repair center.

I'm not only saying it because of that, but mostly because of what happened to me and many others with the romania repair center at ctdi electronics, even in the report they struggle with english and nothing makes sense on paper, scary thing. But I wouldn't worry if my headset were sent to seattle, I'm pretty sure they'll atleast test your headset after repair and not just doing things tacky.

Thanks - yeah it is going to Seattle so hopefully things will go well. I was hoping to get it shipped out today but have come down with a bad head cold, may be tomorrow before I can get it on the way.

Ok Vive Pro 2 headset only is officially on the way to HTC in Seattle. I look forward to hearing what they come up with. I tested it one last time this morning prior to sending, and still nothing but shaking/stuttering of image once a game is launched.

Just checked tracking again, showing my returned Vive Pro 2 should be delivered to HTC in Seattle on Monday. It was sent via Fed Ex by arrangement of HTC - last Monday. That is 10 days for it to get from the east coast to Seattle which sounds a bit ridiculous to me via Fed Ex. I mean they have airplanes right lol.

Oh well maybe I will start seeing some action on it next week, hoping anyways.