Vive Pro 2 possible going bad

dburne

47 minutes ago, dburne said:

Just checked tracking again, showing my returned Vive Pro 2 should be delivered to HTC in Seattle on Monday. It was sent via Fed Ex by arrangement of HTC - last Monday. That is 10 days for it to get from the east coast to Seattle which sounds a bit ridiculous to me via Fed Ex. I mean they have airplanes right lol.

Oh well maybe I will start seeing some action on it next week, hoping anyways.

That sounds like how mine got there and looked like it was ground all the way. I guess that is the price of free shipping.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, SparkerInVR said:

That sounds like how mine got there and looked like it was ground all the way. I guess that is the price of free shipping.

Yeah I guess so. And to correct I apparently forgot how to do math, it is 8 days rather than the 10 I stated. But still , dang.

I have a Virpil CM3 Throttle I bought to use with my flight sims. It needed some warranty work, so they arrange to have it sent back to their service center overseas in Belarus, and they arranged all the shipping. It got to them quicker than this shipment going to Seattle. In fact they had already fixed it and it was already shipped on the way back to me in about that same amount of time.

In any event, here is to hoping things get moving with it soon. And I sincerely hope I get it back in great working order.

Edited by dburne

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Well turns out it did get delivered via Fed Ex yesterday to HTC in Seattle. Not sure why it was showing delayed, glad it got there now the real waiting begins lol.

My wait at the repair center was less than 2 days before it was sent back to me. It was replaced and not repaired so will have to see what they did for you. The trip back was as slow as the trip there.

11 hours ago, SparkerInVR said:

My wait at the repair center was less than 2 days before it was sent back to me. It was replaced and not repaired so will have to see what they did for you. The trip back was as slow as the trip there.

Well mine shipped back out to me today. Says it will be delivered on the 23rd. Repair ticket tells me absolutely nothing. Said they received it, and shipped it back out. That is all it says.

Says nothing about being repaired or replaced so guess I am in the dark on that one. Guess I will find out when it gets back to me on the 23rd.

12 hours ago, dburne said:

Well mine shipped back out to me today. Says it will be delivered on the 23rd. Repair ticket tells me absolutely nothing. Said they received it, and shipped it back out. That is all it says.

Says nothing about being repaired or replaced so guess I am in the dark on that one. Guess I will find out when it gets back to me on the 23rd.

Mine came back with the cable from the HMD to link box attached which I did not send with it. I then checked the serial number on the HMD and it was a newer version by about a month.

13 minutes ago, SparkerInVR said:

Mine came back with the cable from the HMD to link box attached which I did not send with it. I then checked the serial number on the HMD and it was a newer version by about a month.

Perhaps I will find the same, it was strange as it never showed me being in repair - just received and shipped right back out. Yeah they asked me to only send headset also, no cable or link box sent. Guess I will find out on Tuesday.

Edited by dburne

I have just a hunch they have sent me a replacement unit. In the " In Repair" status it just shows as " Packing". Then it shows it shipped out yesterday.

Of course I will know for sure when I get it back here on Tuesday. Whatever they did I just hope it is a working unit. Thankfully I have a Reverb G2 and Index I can use in the meantime but I am certainly missing that Vive Pro 2. 1 day turn around but overall total of 14 days for shipping to and back.

Just had another look at my correspondence from HTC. The email I got from support stating the device is preparing to be returned to me also included a serial number. Different from the serial number I had listed for the ticket - but close. Last four I had for the headset I sent them was 0523, last four listed on the return coming back to me is 0623.  All other numbers identical. So could be a different headset, or could be just a typo and same headset. 

In other words I still have no idea LOL.