VIVE Software 2.0.19.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

Ok little more info @C.T..

I disconnected the Link Box, and restarted the PC. Reconnected Link Box, and instead of the three beeps I usually hear when connecting it, I heard like eight beeps. And now base stations are not recognizing or waking up. I will have to again remove the USB drivers in Steam VR Developer Mode, and reboot the PC to get them working again. I sure hope something in that Log gives you a clue as this is so frustrating.

Edited by dburne

It's funny (well not really funny), I had an experience similar to yours the first time I tried to return to wired mode after trying wireless.  The VP2 just completely stopped working and seemingly nothing could get it to work again.  What finally got it to work was plugging my Index back in (go figure).  After seeing that my Index now worked, I unplugged it and plugged the VP2 back in and it started to work again.  I haven't had any similar problems since fortunately.

Edited by Gildahl

25 minutes ago, Gildahl said:

It's funny (well not really funny), I had an experience similar to yours the first time I tried to return to wired mode after trying wireless.  The VP2 just completely stopped working and seemingly nothing could get it to work again.  What finally got it to work was plugging my Index back in (go figure).  After seeing that my Index now worked, I unplugged it and plugged the VP2 back in and it started to work again.  I haven't had any similar problems since fortunately.

Ok been testing my Index since my last post - absolutely zero issues with the base stations doing the same tests as I was doing with the Vive Pro 2. Also no Steam VR crashes with critical error upon exiting Steam VR like I was getting when exiting Vive Console/Steam VR.

Will try the same - will disconnect Index now and run a series of same tests with the Vive Pro 2 again now that I know Index working fine. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by dburne

38 minutes ago, Gildahl said:

Nope no go with the Vive Pro 2. Base stations will not wake up and run. Index they did perfectly so issue is somewhere in Vive Pro 2.

And again this is a replacement VP2 I received on Sunday afternoon. Been having this problem ever since. I don't know what else to try, have clean installed both Vive Console and Steam VR two or three times now already. Going to just go back to Index and enjoy some trouble free gaming for the rest of the day. Hopefully @C.T. will maybe see something in the logs that gives a clue. 

1 hour ago, dburne said:

@C.T.

Not sure if you saw it yesterday but I posted my Steam VR Report :

Let me know if you see anything odd.

Thanks,

Sorry for the delay, I was on the leave today. can you supply me the vive console log, I may need more information from there.

8 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Sorry for the delay, I was on the leave today. can you supply me the vive console log, I may need more information from there.

No problem - yes will try and get that little later today thanks. If you are off today do not worry about it, just take a look when you get back.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

This is really strange @C.T.

Ok so my base stations stay on full power ( green lights). When I load Vive Console and Steam VR loads with it, I go into Base Sation Settings and scan for base stations, and it says there are none broadcasting. But they are, and are tracking. If I go to power management in Steam VR, it shows the two base stations with yellow triangles and shows them as connection failure. But they are solid green and tracking fine.

Now if I unplug the Vive Pro 2 and plug in the Index, they show with it just fine and sleep properly when exiting Steam VR. But with Vive Console running with Steam VR, the above is how they show and behave. Light stays solid green and they are tracking fine, but don't show in the Steam VR settings.

So at then end of gaming session with Vive Pro 2 I either need to plug Index in so the base stations will go to sleep more, or just unplug them.

Also if base stations are in sleep mode when I power up Vive Console/Steam VR, they will not wake up. Again it is like they don't exist when Vive Console is running , with just Index they operate as they should. But they are tracking even though with Vive Console Steam VR says they are not.

Pretty weird huh. When you are back from your leave let me know how to generate the log you need and I will do so.

Thanks,

Edited by dburne

This is what Steam VR with Vive Console reports for my base stations. Yet they are solid green and tracking perfectly whilst gaming. They will not go into standby or sleep mode I guess cause Steam VR with Vive Console thinks they are not working.

UkMyjrq.jpg

MdEwgjg.jpg

But yet, plug in the Index instead and they are recognized properly in Steam VR. Also have tried uninstalling and re-installing Steam VR a couple of times.

Crazy huh...

Edited by dburne