VIVE Software 2.0.19.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

Also keep in mind tracking is great with the base stations and Vive Pro 2. The only downside to this is I can not set base stations to either stand by or sleep mode. Other than that everything working beautifully. Just a slight inconvenience I need to unplug them at end of day or gaming session.

With Index headset, I do not have this issue with same base stations. Very strange.

Well I thought everything was working great, been fussing around all morning with this thing. I tell ya I am about at the end of my rope, time for me to cut my losses on this one I think. Way too much aggravation factor involved in using this VP2. Especially when I can plug the Index in, or the Reverb G2, and they both work flawlessly every time.  Crazy that the VP2 worked great from June up to about a month ago. Even replacement headset I got is acting up now.

Maybe it does not like Windows 11. That is about the time my troubles began.  I have troubleshooted this thing far more than I ever should have I think.

21 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Right, With vive console log, I can have teams to check more detail on your BT driver related stuff. Also you may want to try different USB port to see if it is related to the ports. 

Thanks 

Thanks already did the trying different USB ports. Will see about getting the log sent in, probably later on in the evening we are fixing to head out for a while. I will let you know when I get it sent in thanks.

1 hour ago, C.T. said:

Right, With vive console log, I can have teams to check more detail on your BT driver related stuff. Also you may want to try different USB port to see if it is related to the ports. 

Thanks 

Ok log has been uploaded.

Trace# 20211125170109

Thanks,

Just a bit of info - looks like all my woes with VP2 began after upgrading to Windows 11 on Oct 5th. Prior to that best I remember never had an issue with it - purchased in June when first released. Could be a coincidence I suppose.

@C.T.

I got a response from Mayra on the logs I sent. She did not really say anything about the logs just asked some basic cookie cutter questions and to check things I have already done multiple times. I was hoping the logs might give some sort of clue. And I will tell you what is really strange is yesterday I disabled Windows Defender Real Time Protection just to try that, and it ran all day yesterday without the stuttering image. Then this morning I tried the same, and stuttering image was back with a vengeance even with it disabled. 

I really am at the point of just throwing my hands up. I believe for me on my system there is some kind of conflict going on with the Vive Pro 2 and Windows 11. But I sure can not figure out what it might be. I even uninstalled Macrium Reflect to make sure it was not causing this.

If I were having trouble with any of my other headsets that would be one thing, both Reverb G2 and Index work flawlessly for me - used the Index all day today and it uses the same base stations. Base stations would go into sleep mode just fine, and no yellow triangles shown for them in Steam VR.  Go figure. At this point if those logs do not give a clue I really am at the point of throwing my hands up on this one.  And again the Vive Pro 2 worked flawlessly since June, and that all changed around the time I upgraded to Windows 11 in early October.  And I even tried removing all of Windows Mixed Reality and it's remnants from when I was using the Reverb G2. And uninstalled and reinstalled Steam VR and Vive Console multiple times.

The base stations throwing up a yellow triangle and saying not found is not really an issue. They still work fine with the VP2, did all day yesterday. Just can not set them to sleep or standby. I can live with that ok. The stuttering image though is horrible and I can not deal with that. So if the logs give no clue, I give up.

Edited by dburne