VIVE Software 2.0.19.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

3 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Mate, if you cannot take the time and effort to roll back to win10, then you'll probably have to live with these win11 issues for at least the next ~6 months imho. Like all who are currently complaining  on the Oculus and SteamVR forums.  My VP1 is still working perfectly btw.

No at this point that would require a format and clean install of Windows 10 and I am not going to do that for just one headset when my others work perfectly. I at least have found a way around the issue that works for a good part of the day, while an annoyance to have to do that at least now I can get it to where I can at least use it when I want.

If I had of been smart enough to catch it when it actually happened right after upgrading to Windows 11 yeah I would have rolled it back in a heartbeat. Sadly I did not get the dots connected in time.

• Like 1

Hi Mate.

I'm using a Elite configuration with Index controllers as well and Win11. I wanted to see how things would run on Win11 (I have other machines running Win10) and apart from this it's pretty good so far  so hopefully it will get resolved in short order.

I'm just wondering what games you are playing that have the issue for example I get the issue on Fallout 4Vr and Skyrim VR but not Vtol VR or Space Engine I haven't had time to play much lately so that's all I've tried so far.

Cheers Fink!

2 hours ago, dburne said:

No at this point that would require a format and clean install of Windows 10 and I am not going to do that for just one headset when my others work perfectly. I at least have found a way around the issue that works for a good part of the day, while an annoyance to have to do that at least now I can get it to where I can at least use it when I want.

If I had of been smart enough to catch it when it actually happened right after upgrading to Windows 11 yeah I would have rolled it back in a heartbeat. Sadly I did not get the dots connected in time.

Ya, I understand your problem mate.  There is almost nothing worse than having to do a Windows clean install, lol!  Maybe next time you will re-think the need to have the latest, greatest updates (other than security ones of course).  I know it's always tempting to try the latest/greatest, but unfortunately not often worth the problems that may result imho.  Even though you say your Index and G2 headsets are working fine with win11, I doubt that they are working 100% as well as they were with win10.  Maybe our strong PC's (i9/rtx3090) are helping to combat some of this, who knows?

1 minute ago, Fink said:

Hi Mate.

I'm using a Elite configuration with Index controllers as well and Win11. I wanted to see how things would run on Win11 (I have other machines running Win10) and apart from this it's pretty good so far  so hopefully it will get resolved in short order.

I'm just wondering what games you are playing that have the issue for example I get the issue on Fallout 4Vr and Skyrim VR but not Vtol VR or Space Engine I haven't had time to play much lately so that's all I've tried so far.

Cheers Fink!

Mate, try to stay away from win11 for at least the next 6 months.  Not only does Vive and Oculus not support win11 yet, neither does SteamVR.  Some people, like you, report that win11 works ok but I doubt that they are getting the same performance that they would with win10 right now.  Win10 will be supported until 2025 so there is no need to rush out and upgrade to win11.  Those that say otherwise are wrong, and are probably just trying to point the blame to developers imho.  Your win10 product key will also work as a win11 product key so you will still be able to upgrade for free later.  Any forum advice that tells you to upgrade to win11 should be ignored right now imho.

1 hour ago, Fink said:

Hi Mate.

Cheers Fink!

All the games I am currently running have seen the issue on my end with Vive Pro 2.

DCS, IL-2 Great Battles, MSFS 2020, MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries with VR Mod. Have about three more I have been away from for a bit I just have not tested yet. For me I think it is safe to say when it happens it will happen with whatever game I launch.  But at least now I know how I can get it to work with a little effort. Really strange. And when it works it works beautifully. For MSFS 2020 I actually prefer my Reverb G2 anyway to use Open XR Developer Tools for WMR. But for all the others I prefer the Vive Pro 2. 

I also tested my Index with the above games, and it did not have the issue. Which leads me to think it is a conflict within the Vive software and Windows 11. But who knows...

Edited by dburne

I got around the issue and gamed all day today successfully in the Vive Pro 2 by disabling the following in Windows 11 Defender Settings:

Real Time Protection and Cloud Delivered Protection. Did not have the issue at all today, Vive Pro 2 ran beautifully all day.  I turned them back on when done gaming.  Hoping this info might be of some use... Not saying this is the exact cause, just that by doing this I was able to use the device today with no problem at all. 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:39 AM, dburne said:

Now I am getting warnings from Defender that the Vive software is trying to access my documents folder.

This can't possibly get any weirder. Going to try a software reinstall.

Honestly mate, just give up with your VP2 until you either bite the bullet and downgrade to win10 (big ask, I know) or until both Vive and SteamVr announce that they are win11 compatible.  Btw, both my VP1 and Q2 are still working great with win10.

2 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Honestly mate, just give up with your VP2 until you either bite the bullet and downgrade to win10 (big ask, I know) or until both Vive and SteamVr announce that they are win11 compatible.  Btw, both my VP1 and Q2 are still working great with win10.

It was Controlled Folder Access in Defender. It is off by default and apparently I must have turned it on when I was messing around in Defender settings doing my testing. I turned it back off and that message went away.

1 hour ago, dburne said:

It was Controlled Folder Access in Defender. It is off by default and apparently I must have turned it on when I was messing around in Defender settings doing my testing. I turned it back off and that message went away.

So basically you are not helping yourself, or anyone, right now, with regards to win11?  Up to you but I would avoid posting anything until  this is properly fixed rather than oh I got it fixed, then not posts.