VIVE Software 2.0.19.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

9 minutes ago, TomCgcmfc said:

So basically you are not helping yourself, or anyone, right now, with regards to win11?  Up to you but I would avoid posting anything until  this is properly fixed rather than oh I got it fixed, then not posts.

Sorry to be a bother to you.

On 12/20/2021 at 2:17 AM, dburne said:

Question for any Vive Pro 2 users or @C.T.

When you power on your Link Box, how many connection beeps do you hear or should you hear?

I gave it a try today and counted, the usb connection beep right?

I heard at least four beeps, didn't realize it beeps this much without you mentioning it!

On 12/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, dburne said:

Question for any Vive Pro 2 users or @C.T.

When you power on your Link Box, how many connection beeps do you hear or should you hear?

I just tried : 3 USB sound, 1 on my normal stereo speakers, 2 in the Vive pro2 headset. I don't let the Vive console start when Headset is powered on, and I only have the Vive drivers installed through Steam.

Well seems I have finally resolved this crazy stuttering and shaking of image issue for me that has been plaguing me since upgrading to Windows 11 back on Oct. 5th. I run two monitors, with my Windows desktop set to extend on the second monitor. I went into Windows display settings and set the image to only display on Monitor 1. Issue has completely gone away.  Everything is solid. I went back in and extended them again, and once again the stuttering and shaking of image returned in game.  Now I have several hours of gaming in with my display only on Monitor 1 and issue does not happen.

I thought I had tried this previously in my troubleshooting but perhaps I only tried unplugging the second monitor and not making the change in the Windows 11 display settings I am not sure. In any event as long as I only project Windows to one monitor everything is golden.

I would note I ran two monitors previously on Windows 10 and did not have this issue with the Vive Pro 2. But I also changed my main monitor to a new one around the same time. For whatever reason with these two monitors and Windows 11 the Vive Pro 2 just does not like them both displaying.  My main monitor is an Acer curved 1080p 144 Hz monitor. My second monitor is a Samsung 1080p 60 Hz monitor.

@C.T. I hope this info might be beneficial to HTC. For now I am just a really happy camper I can now game all day with the Vive Pro 2 without having to fight this issue constantly. Not a big deal for me to change my display to one monitor only for when I am gaming so I can live with that. I would also add running both monitors did not affect my Index nor my Reverb G2, only the Vive Pro 2.

Very nice to have this headset operational again.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

I would also note I need to change to Display 1 only prior to launching Vive Console. If I don't change it till after I launch Vive Console then the issue can come back. As long as I launch it after I change to only one display I am golden.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:58 AM, dburne said:

Well seems I have finally resolved this crazy stuttering and shaking of image issue for me that has been plaguing me since upgrading to Windows 11 back on Oct. 5th. I run two monitors, with my Windows desktop set to extend on the second monitor. I went into Windows display settings and set the image to only display on Monitor 1. Issue has completely gone away.  Everything is solid. I went back in and extended them again, and once again the stuttering and shaking of image returned in game.  Now I have several hours of gaming in with my display only on Monitor 1 and issue does not happen.

I thought I had tried this previously in my troubleshooting but perhaps I only tried unplugging the second monitor and not making the change in the Windows 11 display settings I am not sure. In any event as long as I only project Windows to one monitor everything is golden.

I would note I ran two monitors previously on Windows 10 and did not have this issue with the Vive Pro 2. But I also changed my main monitor to a new one around the same time. For whatever reason with these two monitors and Windows 11 the Vive Pro 2 just does not like them both displaying.  My main monitor is an Acer curved 1080p 144 Hz monitor. My second monitor is a Samsung 1080p 60 Hz monitor.

@C.T. I hope this info might be beneficial to HTC. For now I am just a really happy camper I can now game all day with the Vive Pro 2 without having to fight this issue constantly. Not a big deal for me to change my display to one monitor only for when I am gaming so I can live with that. I would also add running both monitors did not affect my Index nor my Reverb G2, only the Vive Pro 2.

Very nice to have this headset operational again.

Since you mentioned W11, saw a few people complaining about W11 with SteamVR as well, facing some stuttering issues also.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/3088898048354550805/#c3121550424349178485

Maybe you can shout out to SteamVR as well, people seems to be talking about it for a while but SteamVR still didn't react though.

15 hours ago, Suprim Pink said:

Since you mentioned W11, saw a few people complaining about W11 with SteamVR as well, facing some stuttering issues also.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/3088898048354550805/#c3121550424349178485

Maybe you can shout out to SteamVR as well, people seems to be talking about it for a while but SteamVR still didn't react though.

Interestingly I never had the issue with my Index using Steam VR. Only with Vive Console and Steam VR.

I will check that thread out.