Vive Headset Loses Tracking After a Minute - AND MORE!

Stringbean

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tried the single lighthouse yet, but both continue to track. Once the headset loses tracking the controllers are still operating. I sure hope it's not a faulty headset. I'd have to ship internationally for warranty :\

I have tried that, but thinking about it I don't know if it remains as an option once I reboot SteaVR or reinstall drivers. I'll have to check that, thanks!

I've used it on another computer and got the same errors, so individual faults with individual computers seem less likely now.

If your PC/laptop has a mini-DP or DisplayPort, then try switching from HDMI to the mini-DP connection for the Vive interface box to PC/aptop if you have the appropriate adaptor cable and report back if the issue is resolved.

I don't have a mini-DP cable.

I know I'm not a Vive tech, but this issue is temporarily resolved by wiping USB drivers and is not related to the lens themselves. The screens work, but tracking is lost and the headset goes into the 'standby grey'

• 7 months later...

Hello Stringbean, I am having exactly the same issues with my Vive, 1-2 mins then stops tracking, first losing packets, gray screen and then dies completely, just like you say. I've tried adding a new USB card but didnt work, covering any reflective surface, even the computer, but didn't work, the computer is running cool, I even changed my Vive for a new one, and exactly the same thing continues to happen.

PLEEEASE TELL ME YOU FIXED IT AND HOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Hello John C.,

I am having the same exact problem described in this thread and done a lot of troubleshooting, including changing the USB in my computer.  As this thread is from 8 months ago, I figure you already know all the causes and fixes, please let them know to me!!!

Hello John C.,

I am having the same exact problem described in this thread and done a lot of troubleshooting, including changing the USB in my computer.  As this thread is from 8 months ago, I figure you already know all the causes and fixes, please let them know to me!!!

Hello John C.,

Archived