Vive Headset Loses Tracking After a Minute - AND MORE!

Stringbean

What have you tried so far? There's a number of solutions offered in this thread already. There are many possibilities and your specific circumstances will likely be relevant to the solution; In other words, there is no "one size fits all" solution to this issue.

Thanks,

-John C

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I was having the same problem with the headset losing tracking.  It would say that headset connected but not tracking.  I actually bought a tpcast and now it works.  I have no idea why but it hasn't given me the grey screen.  Tpcast is pretty awsome for the wirelesss connection, but it seemed to fix my problem.  

• 1 month later...

I got grey screens as well and the controllers sometimes lost tracking. It turned out to be an issue with one of the lighthouses/base stations.

When I took it from the wall and shook it I heard some clattering noise in it. I opened it and found a loose transparent little plastic button that fell of one of the rotors. I think its menat to align the laser. 

I put it back with some glue and everything was perfect again. You can see the part here in Step 22 (the middle left and middle upper part of the image): https://de.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+Vive+Teardown/62213

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just to let you all know, I was experiencing this issue and I resolved it by changing my usb slot, to one of my usb 3.0 slots.  Perhaps this happens because the data transfer is not fast enough otherwise?  That might explain why you might get this issue again with more than one computer.

Archived