Many apps only start on monitor and not in Vive

CaTaPulT

This has me stumped. All of a sudden, quite a few VR apps will only display on the computer monitor but not in the Vive. I have no idea why...... some of the titles are.....

The Price of Freedom

Lithium Motors

Kira

Boofle's Home

JauntVR

Any idea as to what is causing these to not display in the Vive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards: Jack

Indeed I have, did all the firmware updates on all the Vive components, and updated the Nvidia drivers to the latest drivers, everything is up to date. Have you tried the titles I mentioned to see if they work in the Vive for you? I believe I got them from the Vive site (not Steam). Looking for freebies right now since I'm still very new to VR and am impressed easily at this point, not to mention after buying the Vive, I'm broke and can't afford a down deposit on a wet dream! LOL :D

I just got those titles to work, here's how I did it. I didn't start SteamVR or Steam, I used the Vive program to see my content from that place, I clicked open next to a title that would only display on my computer monitor yesterday. The Vive program started SteamVR but NOT Steam and launched the VR program fine in the Vive. So there's something about certain programs that might not like Steam (not SteamVR) running? I ended up trying all the programs that didn't work before and they ALL worked fine this way. *shrug*

I'll experiment with this some more today. :)

Hi John, I am in Direct mode, only time I went to extended mode was so the Vive would show as a monitor in the Nvidia control panel so I could turn down the brightness but when I went back to Direct mode, the changes in brightness didn't carry over to Direct mode. :(

Hi John..... As my previous message stated, I first started by firing up the Vive software, picked a title that didn't work yesterday and it automatically started SteamVR (without Steam)... that worked, and since then, these titles also work in steam. Beats me why, but if anyone has this problem, just do as I did and once the problem program works without Steam, then it seems to work with Steam afterwards *shrug*. It's kind of touch and go! lol

Archived