VIVE Focus 3 Software 3.0.999.284 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software 3.0.999.284 – Release Notes
Released November 30th, 2021

What’s new

• You can now set a device passcode in Settings > Advanced > Security settings. 
  • Android 2D apps can now appear in the Library.  
    * Some apps may not run properly.
  • More GPU resources can be saved when high performance mode is turned off. 
    * You can turn high performance mode on or off in Settings > Advanced.

Enhancements and fixes

• Improved hand tracking stability.  
  • System updates now automatically install the controller firmware update if one is available. 
    * If you encounter issues after the controller firmware update, check our forum to see how to reinstall the update. 
  • Controllers now do not need to be paired with the headset again after you install the firmware update.
  • Fixed a bug where the headset could not stop casting after exiting Kiosk mode.
  • In Kiosk mode that’s set up with a single app, the app now relaunches automatically when it closed unexpectedly.

Software customization service*

• Added support for headset tracking event notification.

Note:
* For details on enterprise customization options, please contact HTC sales through https://business.vive.com/.
* You can get a trial version of your customized VIVE Focus 3 software after signing an evaluation agreement with HTC. Your VIVE Focus 3 software also needs to be configured first using HTC's enterprise tool.

Hi,

I am not able to update the Vive Focus 3 to the newest version. It currently runs the version 3.0.999.197. I tried updating via the Vive Manager and the Vive Business Web Interface but nothing is happening. There ist no option to search for updates. I couldn't find anything about updating the headset that I didn't try already.

1 hour ago, dwmInteractive said:

Hi,

I am not able to update the Vive Focus 3 to the newest version. It currently runs the version 3.0.999.197. I tried updating via the Vive Manager and the Vive Business Web Interface but nothing is happening. There ist no option to search for updates. I couldn't find anything about updating the headset that I didn't try already.

If you have enrolled your device into Vive Device Management System, you may have to unenroll first, then perform factory reset. There was a fix roll out with 197 to correct this bug.
Please refer to this link, https://business.vive.com/release-notes/vive-focus-3/vive-focus-3-software-30999197/

After that, you should be able to receive the latest update as usual. Thanks

Hi,

We just purchased and received a Focus 3 headset which is currently running version 3.0.999.094. The device is enrolled in the Vive Device Management System but when I request the latest software update in the log under status it is stuck on "waiting". I tried factory resetting the device and requesting the update but nothing seems to work. Do we just need to wait until it goes through? I do not see any indication that it will.