Major system crashes to blue screen with HTC Vive Pro 2 with Windows 10 and 11.

J74656

I posted an earlier topic explaining how my new HTC Vive Pro 2 crashes under Windows 11. I assumed it was because Windows 11 was not yet compatible with HTC Vive Pro 2 so I went and purchased a new SSD and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and did all the updates. On this machine it only has Steam installed. I then went and downloaded the latest version of VIVE from the support page and half way into the install after it installed the bluetooth adapter my PC completely dies to a blue screen and restarts.

So its not Windows 11 at fault and it appears to be the VIVE software itself as there can be no other logical explanation on a brand new fresh copy of Windows 10.

I have tried again to re-install the software and this time it does complete the installation but the PC is now very unstable and randomly blue screens and restarts. When I uninstall the VIVE software and bluetooth adapter my machine works perfectly again. I have had no other issues with this newly built PC so the only culprit appears to be the VIVE software and something to do with the bluetooth adapter driver.

Thanks HTC! Money well wasted!!

Edited by J74656

41 minutes ago, J74656 said:

I posted an earlier topic explaining how my new HTC Vive Pro 2 crashes under Windows 11. I assumed it was because Windows 11 was not yet compatible with HTC Vive Pro 2 so I went and purchased a new SSD and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and did all the updates. On this machine it only has Steam installed. I then went and downloaded the latest version of VIVE from the support page and half way into the install after it installed the bluetooth adapter my PC completely dies to a blue screen and restarts.

So its not Windows 11 at fault and it appears to be the VIVE software itself as there can be no other logical explanation on a brand new fresh copy of Windows 10.

I have tried again to re-install the software and this time it does complete the installation but the PC is now very unstable and randomly blue screens and restarts. When I uninstall the VIVE software and bluetooth adapter my machine works perfectly again. I have had no other issues with this newly built PC so the only culprit appears to be the VIVE software and something to do with the bluetooth adapter driver.

Thanks HTC! Money well wasted!!

VIVE software version 2.0.18.6

IMG_3614.jpg