Vive cosmos 001 headset is not connected

vector

I am getting the same error 001.  My Cosmos has been working fine in Win10 until recently.  I have noticed that the unit comes up in device manager as "QUSB_BULK" and the driver is not loaded.   QUSB_BULK is a Qualcomm device and i think the Cosmos also uses Qualcomm chips?  

Devs, is there a way to fix this driver issue and force windows to load correctly or is it a hardware fault?

image.png.04c58e89cf83b6c0fe981a1d1f7dffe8.png

• 1 year later...

The error 001 in Vive Console is usually caused because it thinks the headset is not connected, which can be a physical connection or by a driver(software) issue. If the driver for this device is not loaded correctly, then the Vive Cosmos will not work properly.

Here are some things you can try to fix the driver issue and get your Vive Cosmos working again:

-Update the drivers for your Vive Cosmos. You can download the latest drivers from the HTC website.
-Make sure that the Vive Cosmos is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. USB 2.0 ports may not have enough power to power the Vive Cosmos properly.
-Try a different USB cable. The USB cable that came with your Vive Cosmos may be damaged.
-Reset your Vive Console. To do this, close the Vive Console app and then unplug the power cable from the link box. Wait for a few seconds, and then plug the power cable back in.
-Try rebooting to ensure that the latest driver loads
-If you are still having trouble, contact HTC support for help here https://contact.vive.com/hc/en-us/requests/new