Vive graphics+video cards Recommendations

Looking to purchase a VIVE system and am looking for a video card recommendation. I want a great expierience but don't ant to break the bank on a video card....

Maybe a GTX 1060 ot 1070???

Thanks!

I have an EVGA Geforce GTX 980 on an ASUS  Sabretooth MOBO with 128 GB  DDR3, it flies along was thinking of upgrading to the 1080 but at the moment don`t see any need to. Not had a single glitch on any VR game or Application and I run everything on highest resolution possible.

Either of those cards would definatley be the way to go on a decent board. Would have gone for the 1080 had it been around when I bought the 980.

But now I am skint but happy on another planet.

So far my setup seems to be running everything I'm throwing at it.

i7 4790k (4Ghz)

Asus Sabretooth Mark II motherboard

24 gigs ddr3 ram (Kingston Hyper-X)

MSI GTX 980 video card

Nothing is overclocked and on stock coolers.

Regards: Jack

Here is a chart from Hardocp.  If you browse their site they have multiple reviews from which this data is gathered.  Its also a bit overdue on updating it, but with new video cards coming 'soon' i think they are waiting to update the list.  I would suggest doing a bit of reading so you make an informed decision and your confidend with your choice and less likely to get buyers remorse. 

https://www.hardocp.com/image/MTQ3OTM1NDMxM0tKY1FnTnFsNW1fNl8yX2wucG5n

I have a GTX980 and an i7-4770k (few generations old now). Everything works great!

True - a better card would be nice for supersampling, etc.

But with out quickly cards are beating eachother out - I'm going to wait until I HAVE to upgrade.

Great little DataBase here by TechPowerUp that shows your card VS others - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2621/geforce-gtx-980

So my GTX980 is roughly as good as a GTX1060.

Archived