VIVE Focus 3 Software 3.0.999.320 – Release Notes

C.T.

21 minutes ago, Popnhand said:

I'm seeing my routers Wifi 6 band from the headset and from the app, but when I try to connect to that band it goes to connect and then just stops. Are there more settings I need to adjust on my router?

No need to modify anything from my experience.
Are you talking about 6G band or WiFi6?

I own 6E router hardware, ASUS GT-AXE11000. Restarted my router multiple times yesterday to make sure everything was working properly.

TL;DR feedback: this update is not very good. The speed should be 4800Mbps, right? I'm getting 2400Mbps, same as 5GHz. I would've figured the desktop app would get an update with higher bitrate+resolution support as well.

Videos where I test Wifi 6 and 6E, timestamps in the description for the portions where I play on 6E.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mD70xFdGWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD_Y3BsYuok

I would like to emphasize that when I was not recording, 6E stability was significantly worse. I could not finish the song at all, maybe get halfway through if I was lucky. Crashes maxed out at Quality+100Mbps and even on Auto+70Mbps. Crashes all day yesterday.

As far as I can tell, my problem is HMD side only. Does the device/wireless hardware run hotter internally under 6E vs 6? I can't tell.

I sent a report earlier yesterday via the business streaming app.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, C.T. said:

No need to modify anything from my experience.
Are you talking about 6G band or WiFi6?

Wifi6/6E. I own a Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500. I could see the 6G wifi from the headset, and it saves the login information, but when I go to connect it does so only for a second and then disconnects.

We own two Focus 3's. I'll be updating the other one shortly to see if it has the same issue.

Well. Both headsets don't seem to be having any issues connecting at the moment. It might have been something in the environment at last nights event?

But I do see the same issue that Copeland is having as far as the speed. It's still reading 2401Mbps even though it states its on a 6.1Ghz channel.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, Popnhand said:

I'm seeing my routers Wifi 6 band from the headset and from the app, but when I try to connect to that band it goes to connect and then just stops. Are there more settings I need to adjust on my router?

Hi there, I have the same problem, last update 3.0.999.320, Router ASUS Gt-Axe11000, I see the Wifi 6Ghz band, then I connect, and it disconnects itself immediately, any idea ?

Thanks everyone !  @C.T.

@AzorelCan you check without security lock on the 6e WiFI? If it works fine, then lock it back on to see if it can work properly?
I've no issue with Netgear RAXE500 - both open and WPA3 security. 

However, if the issue persist, I may require a log submission to do further investigation for you.

Thanks

• Like 1