Focus 3 - very blurry on streaming with cable

legendx

Hi all,

We just purchased a Focus 3.

While on stand alone mode, the screen is crisp and clear.

When streaming from the official cable, vive stream settings to the max (quality, 100mbps) looks very blurry. Much worse than my old Rift S.

Please help. Is streaming this blurry?

I hate to be the one to tell you, but yes, it's that blurry. Some games are worse than others, but you're not going to get it crisp with the current limitations on streaming.

We've been asking for better options for ages and the official line is something like: There are other things that the streaming relies on that need to be optimised before the streaming settings can be increased.

I honestly don't think it will ever happen now and I know there have been challenges for the dev team, but adding features seems to be very slow for this headset (not trying to pay out on devs or anything, I'm thinking it's more likely due to resource issues - it usually is..)

@legendx, More specifically - you can sideload and run any APK onto Focus 3 which has successfully integrated the Wave SDK v4.x. WaveSDK is Vive's VR SDK for mobile based headsets. https://hub.vive.com/storage/docs/en-us/

For PCVR content that has SteamVR integrated, you can use USB or WiFi Streaming via the Vive Business Streaming client.

On 2/19/2022 at 2:31 AM, legendx said:

Now that is some sad news...

Looks like its only worth as a standalone headset. Forget about streaming, with this blur, no business is going to use it this way.

Yeah I just returned mine, I even tried updating the config files to force a higher bitrate and resolution but even with that the max you can set is 2448x2448, which still results in a much blurrier image than even the Quest 2. Not acceptable for a $1300 headset.