VIVE Focus 3 Software 3.0.999.368 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 3.3) 3.0.999.368 – Release Notes
Released February 23rd, 2022

What’s new

• Introducing 2 new display color modes, Vivid and Night mode, you can change it in Setting -> General -> Display Mode.
  • Now supports Japanese input method - Romaji keyboard.
  • Now adding a quick and easy way to identify the software version as release version number in Setting -> General -> About for quicker reference.
    For example, Release version 3.3 can also be referenced as software version 3.0.999.368.

Enhancements and bug fixes

• Fixed an issue which display will blackout after set PIN lock via MDM webpage.
  • Improved hand tracking stability.

Software customization service

• Provide a new VIVE Environment Scanner app that helps to assess tracking performance in your environment before you create your virtual map.
  • Allow large-space setup from smartphones via the Location Based Entertainment (LBE) feature in the VIVE Manager app. 
  • Align virtual scenes with real environments via markers such as ArUco markers.
  • Provide APIs to allow integration of LBE map management with the customer’s application.

Note:

For details, please contact HTC sales through https://business.vive.com

• 3 weeks later...

Some requests for upgrading user experience:

Early I use Quest 2 hmd and passthrough mode for home environment is max usefull.

Also moving and sizing shortcut panel  and general panel is good functioon too.

Add shourtcut recreate play area / recenter to quick panel

And in app library panel sorting by favorite app by default (show only favorite app) is good idea if you will plan increase shop library

And about videp player: add smb/lan (network) play + add normal playback contol or help skybox team to porting this player to viveport.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, niil said:

Some requests for upgrading user experience:

Early I use Quest 2 hmd and passthrough mode for home environment is max usefull.

Also moving and sizing shortcut panel  and general panel is good functioon too.

Add shourtcut recreate play area / recenter to quick panel

And in app library panel sorting by favorite app by default (show only favorite app) is good idea if you will plan increase shop library

And about videp player: add smb/lan (network) play + add normal playback contol or help skybox team to porting this player to viveport.

I second the SMB request for the video player. The player is actually really well done, it just needs access to files without having to swap SD cards.

I agree, the video player is very good, but it does have a bug - at least on my setup.

If I play a video, I can select the relevant projection settings and everything is great.

But if I switch off the headset and go back to the same video, I find it doesn't render properly because it is using the wrong projection settings.

However, if I examine the projection settings they are correct. 

The fix, is to change your projection setting to any other setting, then set it back to what it was. This seems to get the video player to use the correct settings.