Wave Unity SDK and XR Interaction toolkit

neager543

Hi all, Has anyone developed an app using the Wave SDK and the new Unity XR Interaction toolkit? What was your experience? Currently interested in getting a Vive Focus 3, so any thoughts/advice are very much welcomed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I use a Focus 3 for work, and one thing I can tell you, is that the headset is great, but HTC's resources for using the headset is absolute garbage in the way that it is highly disorganised.

So for now, I could not recommend getting one. Maybe wait for HTC to get it together because otherwise you will lose a huge amount of your time just trying to understand where to begin.

Edited by dev_imag-ing
  • Like 1

You can search this forum (and additional developer forums) to find answers - XRI is supported by the Wave platform the support is in the "Essence" package which includes a sample.

Between blogs, forums and the website you should be able to find what you seek - we are currently revamping the website and you'll hear more announcements soon.  As you know, the Focus 3 is an official adopter of OpenXR (beta already accessible) and it's not just us going through this transition - relatively soon OpenXR will become the defacto approach for all XR development and expect us and others to focus on OpenXR in a big way.