VP2 - Steam 108 - Have to switch between beta and normal branches *every time*

A2597

Hoping someone can help me clear this up.

I have no issues connecting headset to the console software. Always shows right up.

For the past couple months, Steam VR, throws a 108, headset not detected. I've tried numerous fixes. Re-seating cables, different USB ports, driver cleaner, and just about anything else I've been able to google for vive connection issues. The only consistent fix is switching between beta and standard branches of both the Vive Console software and Steam VR. One or the other won't do it, have to switch *both* every time I play.

So my startup process is now:

1: Turn on connection box. Let headset connect to Vive Console, and Steam VR throw the 108 error.
2: Shut down Steam VR, vive Console and turn off connection box.
3: Switch both vive console and steam VR branches. (if in beta, go standard, if in standard go to beta)
4: Start everything again, and play.

This is super annoying, as you can imagine. Any ideas as to how to solve this once and for all? I love the headset, but it's been crazy annoying to actually use it for the past few weeks.

Windows 10 Pro, RTX 3070, R5 3600, 32GB Ram

16 hours ago, A2597 said:

Hoping someone can help me clear this up.

I have no issues connecting headset to the console software. Always shows right up.

For the past couple months, Steam VR, throws a 108, headset not detected. I've tried numerous fixes. Re-seating cables, different USB ports, driver cleaner, and just about anything else I've been able to google for vive connection issues. The only consistent fix is switching between beta and standard branches of both the Vive Console software and Steam VR. One or the other won't do it, have to switch *both* every time I play.

So my startup process is now:

1: Turn on connection box. Let headset connect to Vive Console, and Steam VR throw the 108 error.
2: Shut down Steam VR, vive Console and turn off connection box.
3: Switch both vive console and steam VR branches. (if in beta, go standard, if in standard go to beta)
4: Start everything again, and play.

This is super annoying, as you can imagine. Any ideas as to how to solve this once and for all? I love the headset, but it's been crazy annoying to actually use it for the past few weeks.

Windows 10 Pro, RTX 3070, R5 3600, 32GB Ram

Do you mind submit a bug report to us? It sounded odd. 

• 1 month later...

Did you have any luck with this mate? My pro has also done the same, red light on perma on headset, i thought was probably damaged cable as i tried all the other trouble shooting to the point i just purchased and installed wireless and still same problem. cheers

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2022 at 7:53 PM, Roboto said:

Did you have any luck with this mate? My pro has also done the same, red light on perma on headset, i thought was probably damaged cable as i tried all the other trouble shooting to the point i just purchased and installed wireless and still same problem. cheers

hi 

i have the same problem how did  you solve it