Broken buckle on NEW Headset

rmilyard

So just got my Vive few days ago direct from HTC. Open box today to find one side of the head strap will not Buckle. Chat HTC and they said need replace headset. I just got it and paid for express shipping. They want me to ship back at my cost. Then wait 3-5 days to inspect it and 3-5 days mail me a new one. Really? Is this the support HTC provides?

I've been having a similar issue, which side is it for you? Mine was on the left side, heres the link to my previous thread, I got it back from repair yesterday without it getting fixed :P
I'm back to talking with customer service, hopefully yours gets fixed sooner than mine!

• 6 months later...

I have the same issue.  I received my 

vive about 5 days ago.  And tonight I picked it up by the back of the deluxe strap and the left buckle broke.

Is there anywhere to purchase just the parts needed to repair the buckle?  The problem is on the headset it self. A plastic connector broke, all that is still connected is the silver ring at the very bottom.  Everything else fell off.

What I suspect happened is that the screw that holds that assembly in place came undone and then entire assembly fell apart without the screw holding it in place. If you have all of the pieces but are just missing the screw I can send you a replacement screw and screw driver to repair the assembly yourself. If there are actually broken plastic pieces you'd have to send it in under RMA. 

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem with my headset.

The screw of the left buckle came undone and I cannot use my headset anymore.

I already tryed to contact the support with the specific form on the 20th of March, but still today nobody replied to my request.

• 6 months later...

The connector on my headset also broke after just 2 months, and simply during adjustment of the strap.  The part on the headset itself where the buckle clips into.

Problem is I'm in South Africa - not US.  Could you please point me in the right direction for support as I have only found US-based support for Vive so far.

Thanks

Archived