Unable to detect hands with hand tracking sdk and Unity

qqn

Hello,

I have send the same message on this topic(https://forum.vive.com/topic/9788-unable-to-detect-hands-with-hand-tracking-sdk-and-unity/I'm new to the VR developpement and also on unity and i had the same problem as @Shr exept that on my sample exemple which i imported from your SDK there is no model of the hand (just the skeleton) and i have some log error showing:

-Start gesture detection failed: Camera

-ViveHandTrackingEngine start failed : Camera

-ViveHandTrackingEngine start failed

These error are showing when my Vive Hand Tracking settings have the vivehand tracking as the first detection engine. When i put the editor as the first engine i have a visual render but as i have seen there is no concept of tracking in it(i tried to make it detect my hand by waiting 5 min but not working).

Maybe you would want to say that my camera on my VR headset is off but i tested it and it showed in green "test of the camera successful" and all my app have access to my camera.

I have followed all the requirement that we can find on your doc: https://hub.vive.com/storage/tracking/unity/setup.html and didn't manage to make it work.

I work on unity 2021.3.1f1 with a hand tracking sdk version of 1.0.0 with an HTC Vive or a Valve Index and i'm on windows.

My goal with this SDK is to get the coordinate of my hand in real time to make a human skeleton of myself.

Do you have any idea how i can solve this? I will greatly appreciate any help provided. @zzy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have made some advancement even if the the log error are still the same. now the order of my vive hand tracking sdk settings are : vive hand travking engine , wave , editor. I have an access to the sample with the view but it still does'nt detect my hand even if i wait 5 minute with my hands in front of me and i have another log wich say that it selected editor engine.

If anyone have a small idea to help me solve this problem i would be gratefull.