HTC wireless

DMAN_123

Check out the one called TPcast. First shipments were supposed to go out any day now, but only in China and I don't know whether they did. There are supposed to be other units, too, but this one is the one I like. You still have to carry a battery in your pocket. One article I read thought these might improve substantially in a short time, so I may wait a year or two. By then it will probably be time for a whole new Vive.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to see how this turns out.  Obviosuly you are going to need a battery but still need to keep weight down at the same time as providing ample play time (ie id like atleast 5 hrs solid).  So from the battery you would need to power the screens, ir leds, mic, and the gigabit wirelesss for 5 hours.  Based on mobile phone usage this takes us maybe to the 6000mAh or greater.  On top of that I am hoping the final design allows quick changs to wired if you find power is low mid game.

They're setting 7ms as the maximum latency for their solution under real world conditions. It will in all likelihood be faster, especially under ideal conditions. The TPCast devs set a similar goal for latency and their solution actually proved to have a lower latency than they initially advertised. By saying <7ms, Intel has set a realistic goal that they can then try to push further without over promising on a technology that is still very much in development. 

Archived