vive headset problem

Buster Gundil

hi so i am new to the vr scene. i recently got a vive, and upon setting everything up i have run into a problem, error 208, apparently my hdmi cable isnt connected properly, i have tried everything under the sun to get it to work, i am in desperate need of help to get this thing to turn on. 

I have never seen that error code. A couple of questions that might help. What is the model of your video card? Are you sure that you're plugged into the HDMI on the video card and not the HDMI on the motherboard? Are your video card drivers up to date?

That's about all that I can think of, hope you get it up and running soon. Make sure to try out Rec Room when you get on. Take care, Cpt Good

Hi Buster, welcome to the exciting frontier of VR. I’m sorry you’re having setup issues, we’re here to help. First, can you please share some details about your system (video card, processor, CPU, ect…)? Secondly, it’s helpful to know how you’re connecting the video to your computer. Have you tried switching which HDMI port the link box is plugged into if your computer has multiple ports? Disabling secondary monitors can also prove helpful. One thing you can try is bypassing the link box by plugging the HDMI and USB from the HMD’s 3-in-1 cable directly into your computer (while keeping the power supplied through the link box).

Archived