VIVE Focus 3 Software 3.0.999.446– Release Notes

C.T.
Message added by C.T.,

Beta program is back now. Please email vive_beta@htc.com if you are still having trouble accessing it.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 4.1) 3.0.999.446 – Release Note
Released May 6, 2022

What’s new

• Now supports Wi-Fi 6E in Australia and Switzerland.
  • Now supports installing batch configuration(COTA) from USB Type-C flash drives.

Enhancements and fixes

• Improved connection stability with the VIVE Wrist Tracker.
  • Added support for automatic switching to 2D interface when MDM clients request to run in the foreground.
  • Enhanced the VIVE Menu’s user interface/user experience. A “Quit content” button for exiting apps has been added. The [X] button now functions as the close button for the VIVE Menu.

Software customization service

New features in location-based customization:

• Simulator VR mode support.
    This allows 6DoF tracking without motion compensation in motion simulators. The controller or VIVE Wrist Tracker must be attached to the simulator in front of the VIVE Focus 3. Hand tracking is supported in this mode when VIVE Wrist Tracker is attached.
  • Allow refining portions of a virtual map via the VIVE Manager app’s LBE mode. (required Vive Manager update in late June)
    Enterprise users can refine sections of a large play area (for example, a section where decoration has changed) in the virtual map without having to redo the room setup process for the entire play area.
  • Marker-based drift prevention for headset tracking.
    ArUco markers can be built into the map for better headset tracking accuracy.
  • Auto detection of floor height in Visual Odometry (VO) mode.

I'm on the FOTA release - openXR, version 4.0.999.8. Would that include all of those fixes and improvements?

Also do we know what the current status is for screen capture on these releases? I think I lost the ability to screen record entirely on 4.0.999.8.

6 hours ago, jefmes said:

I'm on the FOTA release - openXR, version 4.0.999.8. Would that include all of those fixes and improvements?

Also do we know what the current status is for screen capture on these releases? I think I lost the ability to screen record entirely on 4.0.999.8.

did you receive that release through our dev support team?

you may option into beta on this version to continue the openXR environment which included all the latest fixes and improvements. 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:59 AM, C.T. said:

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 4.1) 3.0.999.446 – Release Note
Released May 6, 2022

What’s new

• Now supports Wi-Fi 6E in Australia and Switzerland.
  • Now supports installing batch configuration(COTA) from USB Type-C flash drives.

Enhancements and fixes

• Improved connection stability with the VIVE Wrist Tracker.
  • Added support for automatic switching to 2D interface when MDM clients request to run in the foreground.
  • Enhanced the VIVE Menu’s user interface/user experience. A “Quit content” button for exiting apps has been added. The [X] button now functions as the close button for the VIVE Menu.

Software customization service

New features in location-based customization:

• Simulator VR mode support.
    This allows 6DoF tracking without motion compensation in motion simulators. The controller or VIVE Wrist Tracker must be attached to the simulator in front of the VIVE Focus 3. Hand tracking is supported in this mode when VIVE Wrist Tracker is attached.
  • Allow refining portions of a virtual map via the VIVE Manager app’s LBE mode.
    Enterprise users can refine sections of a large play area (for example, a section where decoration has changed) in the virtual map without having to redo the room setup process for the entire play area.
  • Marker-based drift prevention for headset tracking.
    ArUco markers can be built into the map for better headset tracking accuracy.
  • Auto detection of floor height in Visual Odometry (VO) mode.

Hopefully you guys add Wi-Fi 6E in sweden soon, thanks for adding Type-C Flash drives. Also In general i find myself having a hard time quitting apps for example the vive business streaming service since I do run without the focus 3 controllers , PCVR with Index controllers setup and so on for better game support. Is there a possibility to add an easier option for app quit if it hangs itself for people who dont use the controllers.  Just a quick question, is the openVR space calibrator branch that you support better than the official branch? Whats the difference? Both have been working for me but I wonder whats the difference and if I can survive in your branch without doing the space calibration in steamVR? 

Kind regards

Edited by GhostPsi

2 hours ago, GhostPsi said:

Hopefully you guys add Wi-Fi 6E in sweden soon, thanks for adding Type-C Flash drives. Also In general i find myself having a hard time quitting apps for example the vive business streaming service since I do run without the focus 3 controllers , PCVR with Index controllers setup and so on for better game support. Is there a possibility to add an easier option for app quit if it hangs itself for people who dont use the controllers.  Just a quick question, is the openVR space calibrator branch that you support better than the official branch? Whats the difference? Both have been working for me but I wonder whats the difference and if I can survive in your branch without doing the space calibration in steamVR? 

Kind regards

we do have an option to quit the current running app by long press the headset button for 10 sec. check it out, let me know if it is the one you want.

and both space calibrations are very much alike, you can just continue using the one you are using now. Cheers

On 5/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, jefmes said:

Can you send me your SN via vive_ct@htc.com? I need to move you to public release, we have stopped the OpenXR alpha release a few weeks before.
You will still be able to use openXR environment when you are back to public release, just need to toggle beta feature there after. 

• Like 1

I just got one of my new Focus 3 enrolled on the OpenXR beta and I got upgraded to this new release.  I can not type my WIFI password, the keyboard does not pop up when I get to that step.  When I click to the password field to try to enter it, the controllers seem to stop working and the HMD stays locked for almost a minute before the windows closes. Often the HMD locks up and I need to reboot.

Any way I can install .418 on this HMD?  

10 hours ago, Serafin said:

I just got one of my new Focus 3 enrolled on the OpenXR beta and I got upgraded to this new release.  I can not type my WIFI password, the keyboard does not pop up when I get to that step.  When I click to the password field to try to enter it, the controllers seem to stop working and the HMD stays locked for almost a minute before the windows closes. Often the HMD locks up and I need to reboot.

Any way I can install .418 on this HMD?  

Currently, there's no option to roll back to 418. 
Have you tried factory reset the device to see if it fix your issues?

On 5/8/2022 at 7:30 PM, JITOME said:

I updated to VIVE Focus 3 Software 3.0.999.446 and now I cannot turn off the warning after turning off the controller.
Please help.

Can you check the setting -> about -> latest config section to see if the numbers still matches?