Crazy Suggestion: How about a battery shaped power supply?

RobP

Howdy All!

The Focus 3 is without any doubt one of the best wireless gaming headsets available. My time on it is spent between wireless room scale and seated simulation - such as Flight Simulations or Racing Simulations.

I was wondering if HTC could design a power supply in the exact shape of the Focus 3 battery that can be put into the Focus 3 as a battery replacement. It would have a power socket in the same place as the battery to allow it to be connected to the mains via an external transformer to convert mains to DC.

The advantage of one of these is that when seated, the 2 hour battery limit goes away!

Would be interesting to hear if it would be worthwhile HTC doing this? If not I'll probably buy another spare battery and convert it into one of these!

RobP

If you want to use the Focus 3 seated without running out of battery, all you have to do is just run an extension cord from your outlet of choice and then plug the provided power supply directly into the battery and voila, the Focus 3 will run indefinitely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tausendberg said:

If you want to use the Focus 3 seated without running out of battery, all you have to do is just run an extension cord from your outlet of choice and then plug the provided power supply directly into the battery and voila, the Focus 3 will run indefinitely.

Brilliant idea! Orders extension lead!   Thanks 🙂