Switching Mirroring View to looking at the Player?

Spitty

I have a Mirroring question....I have no problem getting the mirroring to work, but what I have noticed is that many people start to get motion sickness watching others play through mirroring. Is there a way to change the view for the mirrored screen to a in game "follow the participant" camera view? Or something similar?

That would likely be a feature developed for each game, rather than something built into SteamVR. I know some games have the ability to display different screens on the monitor during play, so that's probably what you're looking for? What game are you using, specifically?

Thanks,

-John C

Thanks for the reply.... No particular game, but there have been certain games that can make you feel nautious much faster than others. A VR rollercoaster game I tried not only made me feel motion sickness right away but also some of the people watching the mirroring projected on our wall. Part of it also depends on the person using the VR. One of my friends would quickly look around a lot while playing "Discovering Space". No one wanted to watch him after 5 minutes. I was hoping there was a way to enable the Vive to insert another camera angle in any game, but it makes sense that it would be a feature that the individual game would need to posess.

Archived