Facial tracking - who’s using it so far?

I just bought five of these for use in my MetaMovie project, I make live interactive movies in VR and wanted to increase the realism of our characters. I’m seeing more and more casual social vr users talking about them and am curious who in the Vive community is testing them out. Since VRChat does not support them yet I bet it’s a small community. I use them in NeosVR which supports them. Since the trackers already sold out once (now back in stock) I found myself wondering who else is using these, and where/what context. As a heavy social vr user, I have both eye tracking and the facial tracker and the added immersion is insane. Can’t ever go back once you’ve seen/tried it. Curious where others stand.

@avicci - Alot of the usage is by VR/gaming studios that are trying to do get a fully tracked and animated avatars for the game they're creating. We don't have a running list of titles which have natively integrated support for SRAnipal, because ultimately alot of the companies that have done so for eye/lip tracking are doing so for closed-door enterprise projects that don't get published like games.

You can totes use lip tracker with VRChat after their recent OSC update. You can also use the pro eye, and a bhaptics vest with the new VRChat update - it's pretty sick if you can get all of the dominoes lined up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, avicci said:

I just bought five of these for use in my MetaMovie project, I make live interactive movies in VR and wanted to increase the realism of our characters. I’m seeing more and more casual social vr users talking about them and am curious who in the Vive community is testing them out. Since VRChat does not support them yet I bet it’s a small community. I use them in NeosVR which supports them. Since the trackers alrea https://19216811.cam/ dy sold ou https://1921681001.id/ t once (now back in stock) I found myself wondering who else is using these, and where/what context. As a heavy social vr user, I have both eye tracking and the facial tracker and the added immersion is insane. Can’t ever go back once you’ve seen/tried it. Curious where others stand.

issue got solved!

• 1 month later...

Law enforcement uses of one-to-many facial  recognition has already lead to people like protrackinghub — especially Black people for whom the technology is particularly inaccurate — being wrongly accused and arrested. People should not have to be subjected to a private company's dragnet to access government services.

Out of the approximately 42 federal agencies that employ law enforcement officers, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) discovered that about 20, or half, used facial recognition.