Fault 03 (Error 10010) on base station, red blinking light

Melnick666

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned above, you'll want to contact our support and set up an RMA as soon as you can. I recommending using our Live Chat support for the quickest response. You can find them on our website under the support tab. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,

-John C

wrote:

I'm having the same issue...I didn't spend $600 on something for it only to work for the first 2 weeks.....please help

I used the Vive Chat and got a ticket opened for my issue.  The red blinking light indicates a hardware issue and the base station has to be sent back.  Sent the base station back to them and currently waiting for its repair and return.  The online chat personnel was very helpful. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything else runs as smoothly. 

wrote:

Having the same issue with red light blinking on one of my lighthouse, this happened after I did the firmware update

I used the Vive Chat and got a ticket opened for my issue.  The red blinking light indicates a hardware issue and the base station has to be sent back.  Sent the base station back to them and currently waiting for its repair and return.  The online chat personnel was very helpful. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything else runs as smoothly. 

One of my base stations started doing this and no longer functions, but I was a day 1 preorder and I'm out of warranty.  Do you have any advice on how I can attempt to repair the base station at myself?  If I can't repair it and at $135 for a new base station, I'm tempted to just get complete rift system instead for $350.

I already contacted support and went throught he process of downgrading and reflashing the firmware with no success.

I have had a blinking red light from about two months after I bought the Vive and the Steam VR app shows that it is a Fault 03 problem.

Strangely enough, despite the red light and the fault being shown, my Vive works perfectly.  I've been working on the principle that when it stops working I'll get it repaired but 18 months or thereabouts down the line and it still works fine.

I would still like to know if there is a way for a user to repair the fault.  My system is out of warranty so, as far as I'm concerned, if anyone knows a way, it would be worth doing if the lighthouse stops working.

John,

What's the best way for me to follow up on my  Base Station repairs? I sent it in about a month ago and I haven't received any emails or communication about the progress on the repairs.  I did confirm (via Chat) that the Base Station was successfully received.  Should I go back to the chat again for follow-up on repairs? My son is getting a bit anxious at this point :-|

Archived