Fault 03 (Error 10010) on base station, red blinking light

Melnick666

The current turn around time in North America for Vive RMAs is averaging ~9 days - we contract out an authorized service center to preform the repairs and do not preform the repairs in-house except in countries where we have first party infrastructure. Bear in mind that when you see forum posts, you're seeing only exception cases and abnormal cases; the majority of repairs are processed by our authorized repair center without issue.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David,

I've been trying to contact chat for days now regarding the blinking red light issue to set up an RMA but have yet to receive a response. Is there a preferred time to chat in order to get a response? I'm in PST and am still within the EST range when I try.  I sent an email to support on 2/11 without a reply yet. Is there an option for me to pay for a new one and get reimbursed after the RMA goes through? 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

One of my basestation started blinking a red led. Comparing to my other basestation, it seems the horizontal laser is not functioning. SteamVR shows no error message, so it looks like it's still working. But that can't be so. Can you tell me the process required to get this RMA'd, please?

Thanks, 

Nikki

The fastest way to RMA a device for repair is via a live chat agent that's specific to your region: 

• Locate and record the serial number from the affected device.
  • Navigate to www.vive.com/support
  • Click "contact us" in the top right-hand corner of the navigation bar
  • Selecting "Begin Live Chat" connected to an agent (when available).
  • Compose an introductory blurb about why you’re contacting us (Fault 03, ect...). If possible, please Include serial numbers for the affected device(s).

Archived