Tracker never appearing in SteamVR.

daryl

Hi there,

I've had a nightmare so far receiving 3 dead/red flashing base-stations. After 3 returns, I finally have 2 working base-stations and a tracker.

However, the tracker crown icon never shows up in Steam VR. I'm using the null driver and just need a single tracker to work.
When the dongle isn't plugged in, the light on the tracker is blue. When I plug the dongle in, it turns green for about 30 seconds, then back to blue, then eventually turns off.

So far, I've tried:

• Re-installing the drivers.
  • Reinstalling SteamVR.
  • Changing USB cable and or port.
  • Power management setting.
  • Moving the dongle away from the PC.
  • I did get the option to pair at some point, but now I don't see anything except 'looking for your vr hardware'. Something is clearly paired due to the existing pattern mentioned above.
  • I also tried on a second PC to rule out any strange PC issues, with the same result.

After mentioning this to support back when I just decided to try a single base-station, they said the tracker could be bad. So I returned it, and I have another new tracker, but it's no different & doing the same thing.

They also said they can't really help support any virtual production stuff without a HMD, and my only hope is to post on the forums.

So after a few frustrating months and many returns, I'm sitting with two supposedly working base-stations and tracker, but absolutely no sign of tracking in steam.
Any advice or suggestions before I return them and cut my losses?

Best,
Daryl

• 4 weeks later...

I guess Vive put us out pasture on these forums. Didn't want to have to go back to Oculus tracking, but I suppose i've got no other options right now.
If anyone thinks of anything, i'd still be interested to know. Maybe i'll try again some day.