SRanipal Eye tracking Install issue

Lian

Hi VIVE SRanipal Administrator,

I two years three years ago start use the SRanipal eye tracking tech. I created couple version of App to do the eye tracking and it works well on both Desktop and laptop. But recently as update VIVE, it stop working. I did some search and find out: before, I install the VIVE Pro Eye, and then install the SRanipal_installer, it works. But now, as setup the VIVE Pro Eye, it automatically install the SRanipal  into the this directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\Updater\App\SRanipal\". On the previous PC I used, it is installed in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\SRanipal\". And I notice that files number are also different. Now I after installing the VIVE Pro Eye setup.exe, I can not install the "VIVE_SRanipalInstaller.msi". It gives error message 1001. And if I try to run my eye tracking application, it is not connected to the sr_runtime.exe, If I manually turn on the sr_runtime.exe, it is not going to turn green. Do you have any suggestion how to install the SRanipal after install the VIVE Pro Eye setup.exe? I tried these on the same laptop, which was working before, and after wipe whole driver, reinstall VIVE Pro Eye with newer version, it is just not working anymore

Thanks a lot.

Lian

• Like 1

Hi Chengnay,

Thanks for your reply, I did many times. But still not working. I tried to even to copy my Desktop SRanipal directory to replace, still not working. When I install the " SRanipal Runtime (1.3.2.0)" it jus gives me error 1001 and stop install, I tried to copy the whole folder when error happens, and put it the folder back, still error. Any more suggestion?

• Sad 1

So there are two runtimes installed in PC.

In theory, after the new runtime is installed along with VIVE SW, the SRAnipal environment will be change to the it.

Some trouble shooting suggestions:

1.       Close all SRAnipal runtime, from start-menu click VIVE SRAnipal (NEW one) instead of SRanipal Runtime.

This will start the new runtime.  Start an SRAnipal App to see if the SRAnipal robot eye is green.

2.       If the new runtime still not work, use the SRAnipal robot to pack log and send back to us.

Thanks.

Hi Tony,

I follow the steps(chengnay suggested) to re-install the SRanipal, and it is success. But then follow your step 1. restart the SRAnipal, robot eye is in orange. Even I called it from my app, it keeps in orange. But the eye calibration is running well.  I do get the pack log files and zip it as one file attached here. Please check and give me more advice. 

Thank you so much,

Lian

SRLog.rar

Hi chengnay,

I did follow your direction to reinstall the SRanipal. It does finished the new installation. But the robot eye is just stay on orange, when I use my app to initialize the sr_runtime.exe, it seems not connected, and it is just not response, still stay in orange not turn into green as before. How can I make it connects to the app? I use the SRanipal eye tracking SDK to created the eye tracking. It is working on another PC desktop. Any suggestion?

Thank you very much,

Lian

Hi chengnay,

One more question, I tried to remove the SR_runtime.exe(1.32 version) and install the SR_runtime.exe 1.03, then I got the problem to start eye calibration. It said Initial failed. But then it will restart the calibration and hang on at the first step(calibrate center). Then I checked, the SRanipalService is not on. Then I go to the \VIVE\SRanipal\ folder, found the SRanipalService.exe is not there. How could that happen? Any suggestion?

Thanks,