Is there a problem with the new Deluxe Audio Headstrap hinges?

wOOOOt

Good to know. I just ordered my strap upgrade, so thanks!

I've had a lot of friends trying my Vive who wear glasses for distance vision think they can go without when using the Vive because the lenses are so close to their eyes, not realizing that it's focused to infinity, so both near- and farsightedness will effect your vision in the virtual world just like the real one. They'll say, "my vision isn't that bad, I don't need to wear them" imagining they'll be looking at something just a few inches away—and then they put the Vive on, and quickly change their minds.

I've been very happy with my VR Lens Lab lenses—I got both prescription ones and Plano ones I put in before others wearing eyeglasses use it—since I've scratched both Fresnel lenses from the hinges on my eyeglasses before I got the prescription lenses. I got it with blue guard but before the RAB was available, but since I had to get high-index lenses for my prescription strength, I think it was less of an issue.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be doing the same with the Plano lenses, I will put those in on the rare occasion my wife wants to try it (she also wears glasses) but when my kids come over, I'll just take my prescription inserts out and go with bare Vive lens since my kids don't wear glasses. :)

I'm so looking forward to getting these, they were ordered June 18th and I'm still waiting on delivery, they are in Canada but once DHL hands them over to Canada Post, there's no more tracking (which sucks) so I have no idea where they are and when I'm getting them. :(

Regards: Jack

Archived