QUSB_BULK - 001 Headset is not connected

Peanut

So My HTC Cosmos is no longer getting detected by my PC and the device manager the device gets detected as unknown device - QUSB_Bulk

Tried various fixes, reinstalled software, different USB cable.

The odd  thing is I can still update the headset but the Vive console won't detect the Headset, then thinking it might be something to do with USB drivers but reinstalled I get the same.

I'm convinced it was a recent update that has caused the issue and it software issue on the HMD - i had not used my headset for a few months and when I turned it on recently it prompted me to update which I did. Since then the headset is no longer detected properly by my PC.

So I contacted support, who were very quick to reply - who acknowledge it was a known issue and only the repair center has the equipment to recover for the issue, however as I am now out of warranty they are asking 150 euros to repair.

Now I think this is absolute outrageous scam - as a firmware update they release bricks my headset and they want me to pay for it.

My journey with the HTC Cosmos has definitely not been the best with tracking issues at the start and now this - I would never but or recommended a product from them again.

Any else had this issue and get a better response from HTC?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I hate to be like this, but seriously????

Hey, HTC, how about an answer????

How many months for a simple "here's a link to the driver, if you have more problems, contact us." ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??

How about you stop hiding answers to common issues like this behind "contact us in private", and answer these questions in public for everyone else.

You would:

A. Get the majority of people up and running again in moments after a google search, instead of wasting days of everyone's time for a simple download link.

B. Save money on excess need for support agents answering the same questions over and over.

C. Get return customers instead of us all buying a quest instead.

What exactly is the point of having forums like this if you never answer issues publicly so that others can fix the same ones???

Edited by uqone