VIVE Focus 3 Software 5.0.999.514 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 5.0) 5.0.999.514 – Release Notes
Released June 20th, 2022

What’s new

1. Now supports Wi-Fi 6E in Netherlands.
  2. Now supports OpenXR. In this official software release, VR apps built with OpenXR can be deployed and launched.

Software customization features

1. Supports map refinement for modifying LBE maps in VIVE Manager (v1.0.34).
  2. Supports performing software updates via SD card without erasing user data.
  3. Space Calibrator 2.0 is now available upon request. This new version can allow trackers to work with multiple base stations and improve accuracy, providing a better immersive experience and expanding the possibilities for VR creators. In addition, the setup and manipulation have been largely simplified to make the entire process more intuitive, convenient, and efficient.

Other updates (for developers)

1. Allows tracking one hand and one controller at the same time in apps that can support this feature (such as VIVE Business Streaming 1.08 or later).
  2. VRS Studio project files are available at https://github.com/ViveSoftware/VRS-Studio.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, C.T. said:

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 5.0) 5.0.999.514 – Release Notes
Released June 20th, 2022

What’s new

1. Now supports Wi-Fi 6E in Netherlands.
  2. Now supports OpenXR. In this official software release, VR apps built with OpenXR can be deployed and launched.

Software customization features

1. Supports map refinement for modifying LBE maps in VIVE Manager (v1.0.34).
  2. Supports performing software updates via SD card without erasing user data.
  3. Space Calibrator 2.0 is now available upon request. This new version can allow trackers to work with multiple base stations and improve accuracy, providing a better immersive experience and expanding the possibilities for VR creators. In addition, the setup and manipulation have been largely simplified to make the entire process more intuitive, convenient, and efficient.

Other updates (for developers)

1. Allows tracking one hand and one controller at the same time in apps that can support this feature (such as VIVE Business Streaming 1.08 or later).
  2. VRS Studio project files are available at https://github.com/ViveSoftware/VRS-Studio.

looking forward to testing this out when my headset comes back from warranty, how do I request the 2.0 calibration? 

Hopefully Sweden is right up on the wifi6e list soon 

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

I've just found this thread and would like to have the Space Calibrator 2.0 installation file.  Or should we contact Vive Sales and fill out a form? Should we uninstall 1.21 before installing 2.0?

A question though: the update patch notes states:

"This new version can allow trackers to work with multiple base stations and improve accuracy".

This was the previous release, correct? Release v1.2.1 · MikeHYChao/OpenVR-SpaceCalibrator · GitHub

I've been using a 3pt and 7pt Tundra tracker setup along with Vive wands/Index controllers for months with 4 Steam VR 2.0 base stations. 

What exactly was Space Calibrator/Steam VR doing beforehand? Using 2 only base stations? Or is this change only reflected in the setup/calibration process/accuracy?

I've had my fair share of instability problems with trackers+controllers shooting everywhere or disappearing periodically. There are so many layers to everything involved in my setup: PCVR quirks, wireless streaming via VBS, Sensor Fusion discrepancies, Tundras being smaller than Vive pucks, Tundra dongles being heavy on USB, FPSvr and DecaMove program overhead, Ryzen system quirks, etc.  I chalked it down to "that's just how things are".

Will version 2 be released to Github eventually?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...