Vive Business Streaming 1.08.4 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.08.4 – Beta Release notes

Released June 28th, 2022

Console – 1.08.4

• Added a “Emulate VIVE Wrist Tracker as VIVE Tracker” option to improved content compatibility on Vive Wrist tracker.
    Noted that SteamVR will need to restart to take effect with this option
  • Dynamic bitrate
    Improved dynamic bitrate stability.
  • Fixed issues on sharpening setting.

Client - 1.0.11.4 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Improved dynamic bitrate stability.

Crashes or freeze on startup every time. Can't even open settings. Version 1.08.3 - hung for the first time after starting Windows, but after shutting down the process and restarting it, it worked fine.
Vin 10 x 64, 21H1, 19043.1766
What are the dependencies of this application. Previous versions prior to 1.08.3 ran without problems at all. How to return to version 1.08.3?

14 hours ago, niil said:

Crashes or freeze on startup every time. Can't even open settings. Version 1.08.3 - hung for the first time after starting Windows, but after shutting down the process and restarting it, it worked fine.
Vin 10 x 64, 21H1, 19043.1766
What are the dependencies of this application. Previous versions prior to 1.08.3 ran without problems at all. How to return to version 1.08.3?

Do you mind to uninstall the VBS software and reinstall the PC software once again to see if it can be recovered? Installer

1 hour ago, niil said:

Yes, I have reinstalled the app several times. Tried reinstalling SteamVR and install the beta version. At the same time, the usual version of vbs works without problems.

I see, let me get this clear.

so beta 1.08.4 version still crash on your end, but 1.07.13a works fine. Right?

Yes. Version 1.07.13a starts without problems.
1.08.3 - hangs on first launch, but works fine on next launch
I'm also experiencing severe Steam VR stutters when ending a VBS session on a headset across all versions
CPU 10900K, RAM 2x16GB 4100, GPU NVidia RTX 3080TI

3 hours ago, niil said:

Yes. Version 1.07.13a starts without problems.
1.08.3 - hangs on first launch, but works fine on next launch
I'm also experiencing severe Steam VR stutters when ending a VBS session on a headset across all versions
CPU 10900K, RAM 2x16GB 4100, GPU NVidia RTX 3080TI

Okay, so I might have to do some troubleshooting and request logs if no luck from you.
Please uninstall the VBS first, and "restart" the PC once. (we have found potential files that will still be occupied if you don't restart the PC to release it.)
Then install again, the VBS once your PC restart. 
After you install the VBS, then you can enroll to beta channel to see if the issue persist. 

Then, if still no luck, Please kindly zip the logs inside this folder for me, send me via DM or you can email me at VIVE_CT@htc.com. 

%ProgramData%\HTC\ViveSoftware\Updater\
%ProgramData%\HTC\ViveSoftware\ViveRR\

Appreciated your patient. 
C.T.

Just wanted to say, another great update, huge leaps in visual clarity this past month. I did feel that VBS was a bit too aggressive lowering the dynamic bitrate considering I have the router in the same room but now everything just seems better.