Please Help. Vive or Oculus? Which is better and why? Recommendation needed before purchasing!

pjb

Hey  thanks for the advice. It's really helpful and I agree, that this will all be obsolete with in a few years times and there are bound to be a number of accesories that will be coming out that will make a difference to the whole experience. From what I have read, 'untethered' HUD probably won't be around for at least another year but who knows what will come out necxt week at E3. 

Thanks for the help. Going to make the jump....

Hey 

Thanks for the feedback. Those are really helpful bits of advice and great points about x3 USB's requirement for Oculus - that is a lot. 

I think the biggest thing that is swinging it for me is the room tracking. Sure I may not have the biggest space but from all the feedback i'm getting here and in other articles, it makes a big difference. Also the front facing camera I can see being really useful and presum there will be a few AR experince s to come out soon. 

Thanks again for the help! 

I'm runinng an VRCade and have 4xVive 2xRift and 1X PSVR. The rifts and psvr and sat in boxes in storage after we tried them out ... tells you what you need to know. :) Ease of use is what it comes down to. I just didnt get on with the oculus home software, how the sensors are set up, the mess of usb cable you need to have for a working roomscale set up, and the feeling the rift will delaminate the fabrik after some sweaty use. But for home use... where you don't mind running some cables around the room, the rift would be good, or like we are going to do use them for what it was designed for... seated games. Roomscale was a late addition, and it shows. But for things like racing games, or flight sims etc, it's perfect. As long as your head is the right shape... it presses on my temple and gives me headache after 30 minutes, but I'm sure some VRcovers foam replacement will sort that. 

Archived