Vive Business Streaming 1.08.5a - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.08.5a – Beta Release notes
Released July 5th, 2022

Console - 1.08.5a

• Dynamic bitrate refinements.
  • Resolved sometime hand skeleton not correctly working.
  • Add SteamVR restart dialog when change certain options (e.g. change Wrist Tracker emulated as VIVE Tracker,  changing graphics setting).

Client - 1.0.11.6 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Show UI for Beta VBS app notification and update notification when connected. (Click trigger button can dismiss the notification.)
  • Layout revised to error message overlay.

Known issues:

• When enabled Dynamic bitrate on AMD GPU, the GPU memory usage in Windows Task Manager Details tab is incorrect. It will show a ridiculous large value. The total GPU memory usage in Performance tab is correct.

11 hours ago, Tausendberg said:

The updates have been great but when are wireless updates for the client coming back? It is a bit inconvenient for users who don't have a good place to put down the Focus 3 within reach of the computer and so have to hold it up. 

Its beta software and henceforth we shouldnt complain about cables 😉

6 hours ago, Ixixly said:

Agreed with Tausendberg, this is an enterprise oriented Headset, I'm having to go around and update 22 of them individually like this with a damned cable, not good enough.

Enterprise running beta on 22 of your headsets you guys crazy? Beta should be for singular headsets and henceforth updating trough cable is both more stable and more viable. 

C.T great update and it fixed the random black issues with the latest version 

• Like 1

You may notice that we do keep the latest VBS client update when you upgrade your Focus 3 firmware (e.g. 5.0.999.514). 
Alternatively, you can also update the latest VBS client via VBAS which if you login to the viveport account inside focus 3, the update will be available to you instantly. 

Feel free to feedback here on forum, so we can fix things and add more features to VBS. 
But I personally not suggesting to massively adapt beta releases into your operations directly, even though we did have teams testing on the beta release intensely before you guys receive the update.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:43 AM, C.T. said:

You may notice that we do keep the latest VBS client update when you upgrade your Focus 3 firmware (e.g. 5.0.999.514). 
Alternatively, you can also update the latest VBS client via VBAS which if you login to the viveport account inside focus 3, the update will be available to you instantly. 

Feel free to feedback here on forum, so we can fix things and add more features to VBS. 
But I personally not suggesting to massively adapt beta releases into your operations directly, even though we did have teams testing on the beta release intensely before you guys receive the update.

Cheers

I seem to have the same problem as other users with the console itself hanging itself after update works for like 1 second and then the console is unresponsive. 

Newly installed windows 10 

12900k , Z690, 2x16GB ddr5 , 3080 

Latest windows update and nvidia driver Log.rar

The issue comes from updating the console, maybe it works better if we got a clean beta install? 

My fix is to manually put RRconsole from non beta into the beta folder and it works again. 

Log.rar

Edited by GhostPsi

I don't want to get banned for spam, but because this thread is active, I'd like to repeat my request for access to Space Calibrator 2. Original post: 

https://forum.htc.com/topic/13694-vive-focus-3-software-50999514-–-release-notes/?do=findComment&comment=48592

Sorry, I also used the Vive support request bar on the page header of the thread on Monday but have received no response.

41 minutes ago, copelandmaster said:

I don't want to get banned for spam, but because this thread is active, I'd like to repeat my request for access to Space Calibrator 2. Original post: 

https://forum.htc.com/topic/13694-vive-focus-3-software-50999514-–-release-notes/?do=findComment&comment=48592

Sorry, I also used the Vive support request bar on the page header of the thread on Monday but have received no response.

Same the support havent reached back to me ....