Option out of Focus3 Beta

JoeJ

I've been trying to get my headset out of the focus3 beta program but for some reason it is not working.  I go to Settings > Advanced > Beta features, and click quit Beta program.   It will re-install me back to 5.0.999.514 but then when the headset comes back up, it says the only update avaialable is 5.3.999.514 which drops me right back into the beta.  

Is there a way to get out of this beta?

42 minutes ago, JoeJ said:

I've been trying to get my headset out of the focus3 beta program but for some reason it is not working.  I go to Settings > Advanced > Beta features, and click quit Beta program.   It will re-install me back to 5.0.999.514 but then when the headset comes back up, it says the only update avaialable is 5.3.999.514 which drops me right back into the beta.  

Is there a way to get out of this beta?

Exiting beta should get you back to the latest release 5.0.999.558, did you get a software update notice after disabling the beta program?

Yeah, that is the version i was expecting.  When I opted out it offered 5.0.999.514 instead.  So i went ahead and updated to that version thinking that after a reboot it would let me go to 5.0.999.558 but instead it is saying 5.3.999.514 (which i think is a beta version).  So not really sure what I can do to get out of this loop and back to the 558 version. 

So..  I was finally able to get it to 5.0.999.558.  The steps I had to follow were pretty odd:

1) go to Settings>Advanced>Beta then click quit beta program

2) it offers to install 5.0.999.514 so I installed that version and then it made me go through the full install process to setup vive manager, watch the training video, etc.

3) after reboot i checked advance>beta and can see that is offering to "Join" the beta but I did not click that (just did this to verify that i was not in the beta)

4) During this boot of 5.0.999.514, is offers to install 5.3.999.514.  That is a beta version so I was hesitant to put it on but I went ahead and did it anyways

5) after reboot it offered to install 5.3.999.558.  I went ahead and put that version on also

6) finally, after this reboot it offered to put on 5.0.999.558 which is the one I wanted so I installed that version also and rebooted

7) after reboot i checked advance>beta and can see that is offering to "Join" the beta but I did not click that (just did this to verify that i was not in the beta)

8. then i checked general>system update and can see that it is offering to install 5.3.999.558 again (which is the beta so i am not installing that)

So in the end i was able to get it to 5.0.999.558 but I suspect this is not what the developers of the beta program intended.  Also, I am guessing that I will not be able to get to the next public release of software without jumping through similar hoops again.  Maybe it will all get straightened out before that version.

7 hours ago, JoeJ said:

So..  I was finally able to get it to 5.0.999.558.  The steps I had to follow were pretty odd:

2) it offers to install 5.0.999.514 so I installed that version and then it made me go through the full install process to setup vive manager, watch the training video, etc.

3) after reboot i checked advance>beta and can see that is offering to "Join" the beta but I did not click that (just did this to verify that i was not in the beta)

4) During this boot of 5.0.999.514, is offers to install 5.3.999.514.  That is a beta version so I was hesitant to put it on but I went ahead and did it anyways

5) after reboot it offered to install 5.3.999.558.  I went ahead and put that version on also

6) finally, after this reboot it offered to put on 5.0.999.558 which is the one I wanted so I installed that version also and rebooted

7) after reboot i checked advance>beta and can see that is offering to "Join" the beta but I did not click that (just did this to verify that i was not in the beta)

8. then i checked general>system update and can see that it is offering to install 5.3.999.558 again (which is the beta so i am not installing that)

So in the end i was able to get it to 5.0.999.558 but I suspect this is not what the developers of the beta program intended.  Also, I am guessing that I will not be able to get to the next public release of software without jumping through similar hoops again.  Maybe it will all get straightened out before that version.

Thank you for the detail, I'll have teams to investigate on this. 

On 7/27/2022 at 2:37 AM, JoeJ said:

Hey there, I've spent some time to sort out the software update rules with teams. Everything should on the right track now. 
Only one thing worth to mention that when exiting beta to the normal software, a software reset is expected which you also mentioned that you had to do the whole setup process and watch the training video once again. 
Thank you again for detecting the update issues here.