steam VR updates bricking base stations

Hi John. Sorry for the late response. Is there a way I can contact you other than this forum? I got my base station to work again, but my Vive has been acting very strangely. The headset and the controllers would constantly disconnect as well as tell me the headset is connected but not tracking correctly. It would also tell me repeatedly that I needed to update the firmware and I did that several times and it kept saying to do it again. I've gotten to the point where the vive finally says everything is setup and good to go, but the HMD is black/blank. I display the mirror and it shows the HMD tracks great as if everything is working fine, but the HMD eyes are  completely off. Have you seen that before? Any advice or help would be most appreciated! Thanks so much for your help!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same proble, and if I go back and flash the old firmware, it works. But it says "Fault 02" in the new firmware updates. I haven't moved the camera, it's been powered off since the last time it worked, and again the old firmware still works on it

• 4 months later...

, more recent basestation firmware updates improve overall basestation accuracy and tracking performance. The new firmware accomplishes this in-part by enforcing much tighter tolerances for timing and the rotation speed of the basestation's internal components. As a side effect, a basestation that was working fine under old firmware image may find itself out of tolerance on the new images. Unfortunately, since it relates to a mechanical issue, the only way to rectify a Fault 03 is to process an RMA via our live chat on https://www.vive.com/us/support/contactus/ - please do not use the email form for this type of RMA. 

Archived