HTC VIVE order customer service deplorable

Anyone here know anyone at HTC who can help?

I love the VIVE so much that I bought a second one, this time direct from Vive.com (first one from a local reseller). BIG MISTAKE. Ordered on 1 June, got a confirmation email and order #. Today is eod 9 June. No news, nothing. I'm a reasonable guy, I do my bit and reach out to them through their official channels. LIVE chat is NEVER up and running regardless of the time of day. There is a page where you can track your order ...it doesnt work. Contacting them via FB, they tell me to try the above...even after telling them I already tried all of the above!?! ZZZZZZZZ this is NOT good...get your act together HTC.

Update - it is day 12. Still no fruitful progress. The live chat continues to be an exercise in patience. Keeps asking me inane questions and for information I have already provided. Now asks me for my BANK STATEMENT to show proof of transaction !!! I keep telling her that the purchase was made with a credit card over their webstore. I have provided screenshots last week as well as email of order confirmation. She keeps repeating the same script zzzz finally telling me to wait a few more days to see if it will arrive ! Cmon HTC...

Update - got a call from HTC ...but my hour long conversation continues in circles. Insists on bank statement for verification. I just want to know what the bloody status is. If it is determined there is a payment processing issue then we can talk about producing payment proof!! HTC should not be requiring this for order status updates. If there is a payment processing issue...why wait 12 days later for ME to raise it?!?! Wouldn't it make more sense that HTC as a seller, would be the first to know if there is a payment issue and contact the customer to resolve ??!

Oh guess what. I now receive an INVOICE from Moduslink dated TODAY 12 June!

So it takes 12 days to process this? Or did someone drop the ball? No apologies, stone walling, inept customer service...every step of the way

Archived