HTC cosmos elite nothing but grey

Deece

I got my HTC Cosmos elite yesterday. I bought the headset and nothing else in hopes of playing DCS world using head tracking. So far I have had nothing but grey screens. I have downloaded everything there is to download and have had a 1 hour conversation with support who recommended me here. I have plugged it in firmly, and have tried every usb port and display port on my computer with no luck. I have installed steam vr and cosmos for steam vr and still nothing. The light is green and i am getting no error messages. All I currently have is a 660 dollar grey picture displayer. Please help!

• 6 months later...

Hello Deece. I have exactly the same "issue". Just bought The headset. Grey screen. Can't play DCS...

Searching for hours!

Vive website says you can use the headset only. No need base station or controller. But everywhere else, it is mandatory...

Finally, can U play DCS ? Which part of the HTC peripherals have you bought to make DCS work?

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 10:58 PM, T1mb3rJ4ck said:

Hello Deece. I have exactly the same "issue". Just bought The headset. Grey screen. Can't play DCS...

Searching for hours!

Vive website says you can use the headset only. No need base station or controller. But everywhere else, it is mandatory...

Finally, can U play DCS ? Which part of the HTC peripherals have you bought to make DCS work?

Many thanks in advance.

Unless you are using vive cosmos (6-cam version), you will need at least 1 base station for Cosmos elite (steam plate) to work.