Vive Pro 2/shimmering edges of right eye.

TheOnlyDoor

Is it the same as the pictures I shared ?

If it is only a refreshrate issue, like chopped frames it is likely not hardware but an issue somewhere else, it happened to me once in a while you need to restart it, try resetting the headset, hold down the button on the headset and hold the linkbox power button for about 15 seconds then release it should reset and redownload the firmware.

Edited by GAMEDRIX

I'm also running into this again. I've had soo much trouble with the vive pro 2. I've already RMA'd 3 times. first 2 times were because of this exact issue. 3rd was for buzzing headphones. Now I'm running into this again and it's 30 days out of warranty. Vive wants to charge me for the repair. I'm not going to pay to fix a product that have never properly worked. The first and fourth headset had this start with both eye LCD at the same time. With the second headset it started on the right eye. It looks to me like either the wires in the LCD are degrading or the LCD driver is degrading. seems to be common that it starts at the outer sides and moves inwards? could be the LCD is not mounted properly and stress/strain is causing this? just guessing.

very unhappy with Vive.

PXL_20221015_213256965[1].jpg

Your incredible dude. Manually resetting the headset and re updating the firmware fixes the refresh rate tearing issue in the right screen. 

It's ridiculous VIVE support NEVER told me to do this, had me pay shipping and $140 to "fix" my issue after "diagnosis" and all they did was reset the firmware and never told me how to do it myself.  

I was just about to ship it back to them again.

Thank you for saving me that.

No my issue dosent look like your pictures. The issue was just what you said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOnlyDoor said:

Your incredible dude. Manually resetting the headset and re updating the firmware fixes the refresh rate tearing issue in the right screen. 

It's ridiculous VIVE support NEVER told me to do this, had me pay shipping and $140 to "fix" my issue after "diagnosis" and all they did was reset the firmware and never told me how to do it myself.  

It looks like this is just a software level issue, the hardware should be fine. I've just given away my PRO2 and I'm wondering if I should send it back so I don't waste my time ......

It seems that HTC didn´t do a proper adaptation to the newest nvidia drivers yet. I was having bad performance since july then a guy told in reddit vive forum that the last nvidia driver which had the best performance with vp2 was this: "GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL Driver Version: 512.95 - Release Date: Tue May 24, 2022". Since i installed this, no screen tearing anymore and, now, i have a better performance. Give it a try.

Edited by Lockwood_bra

7 hours ago, TheOnlyDoor said:

No problem ^^

Wait what, you paid $140 ???

Are you out of the warranty period already ? America I presume ? only a year ? oh my gosh

Did they say anything about the repair process ? You can ask them a report file which details what have been done.

My issue tho, as you saw is a long colored broken looking strip that appears on the right edge of the right lense (I thought you guys had the same problem when you said "shimmering effect") it comes and goes and I think what might be the cause is or when I'm turning off the headset before steamvr or when I let the headset down when a game is running, I think no one should ever let the headset running a black screen when the linkbox is on, it might kill the panels or it just glitches out(but I think it breaks tbh), either way this headset is really really bad in so many ways.

Waiting impatiently for an alternative to forget about this nightmare.

Edited by GAMEDRIX

So after 24 hours the same issue is back in the right eye. Reset the firmware is no longer working as Ive done it 3 times and am still getting artifacting in the right LCD lens. 

I dont know if this is a systemic hardware issue or a driver/firmware issue but its intolorable at this point.

I've just paid $140 for this "repair" and have no confidence that shipping it back to Vive will result in its repair as the headset oviously can't be fixed.

It was great playing for a few hours with zero issues last night.

Very disappointing.

The issue is back and resetting the firmware no longer fixes the right eye artifactng or tearing on Ultra or Extreme settings in the Vive console.

Vive support just wants me to send it back again for another 3 week RMA ordeal. 

I've also read that the Vive series is discontinued. So I'm wary of HTC's commitment to this product anymore. 

Completely Frustrating. 

Edited by TheOnlyDoor