VIVE eye tracking SDK makes unity project crashing

Hello, I tried to follow the instruction for "'HTC VIVE Pro Eye Development Guide'' (https://developer.tobii.com/xr/develop/unity/getting-started/vive-pro-eye/) to use the eye tracking features of the headset in Unity, but once I import the VIVE Sranipal SDK unity package in my project and I try to run the given sample scene to test it, my unity project crashes without giving me errors. It crashes no matter which unity version I use, no matter which HTC Vive pro eye headset I use (I tried with two different ones) and no matter which computer I use. It is weird because when I tried the first few times it was working, then after trying to extracting the eye data it started not working anymore. The eye tracking seems to work fine outside unity.

Did anyone else experienced the same problem and find a solution to it?

Thanks!

On 10/10/2022 at 5:32 AM, CormacGeorge said:

Same problem here, let me know if you ever found a solution.

I've found the problem and I could make my Unity project (2020.3.40f1) work doing this:

I think the problem is the newer version of the VIVE Eye and Facial Tracking SDK 1.3.6.6

Hope this solution works for you!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, lbee said:

Hi Kate,

I'm having the same problem. Where did you get the "OpenXR" plugin? Is this a Vive plugin or another? I can't tell if Vive OpenXR plugin is the same as Vive Wave plugin, etc.

Thanks!

No, they're not the same.

Anyway, you can download OpenXR Plugin from Package Manager --> Unity Registry

On 10/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, Kate.kate said:

I've found the problem and I could make my Unity project (2020.3.40f1) work doing this:

I think the problem is the newer version of the VIVE Eye and Facial Tracking SDK 1.3.6.6

Hope this solution works for you!

I should add that in order to collect eye data I had to download an older version of VIVE SRanipal (1.3.2.0), which I couldn't find online but I was lucky enough to know someone using it.

Also, when you try to install the SRanipal you might experience the 1001 error. Follow the instructions @kwig provides, they worked for me:

• 1 month later...

Runtime service does not install properly, Unity SDK is broken, sample scenes in Unity are broken, Vive Developers do not reply to user issues...

Is this hardware and sdk supported by Vive anymore?  

• 1 month later...