Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

Why is everyone referring to RTX4090? I am using RTX 2080 and i have the screen tearing band that moves up and down. This was happening with the last nvidia gameready driver (v.526) This is the bug effect on v.526 drivers

. I've downgraded to version 517 and the bug is different now, it's not a band of tearing effect but the glitch now is on the whole screen and different visual effect more like stuttering making it a little better but still present.

Edited by Daventrik

20 hours ago, Daventrik said:

Why is everyone referring to RTX4090? I am using RTX 2080 and i have the screen tearing band that moves up and down. This was happening with the last nvidia gameready driver (v.526) This is the bug effect on v.526 drivers

. I've downgraded to version 517 and the bug is different now, it's not a band of tearing effect but the glitch now is on the whole screen and different visual effect more like stuttering making it a little better but still present.

Have you tried with even an older Nvidia driver?

That driver version doesn't support the 4090, the drivers are older than the release of the card.
And considering other headset makers have fixed the issue, HTC are dragging their feet on a fix and communication from them is extremely poor.
It's very disappointing to spend as much as we have on a premium headset and GPU to have this continue to be something that's seemingly being ignored.

17 hours ago, chicken866 said:

I can confirm that the new Zotac 4090 GPU Bios fixed my Vive Pro 2 and Pimax 8kx stuttering problem.

It didn't fix my problems with Beat Saber for example, still getting reprojection with Vive Pro 2 + 4090 in Ultra 90hz...with SteamVR and Vive console default settings. I have to lower steamvr res to under 60% to stop the reprojection, it doesn't look right
Zotac 4090 Bios update isn't the fix