Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

On 1/2/2023 at 2:12 AM, BVV.Fr said:

any news? 

i'm waiting to buy an 4090 🤑

Nope. They are keeping everyone in the dark about actually working on a fix. I'm looking into something comparable or maybe a bit better that is not HTC so I can get back into VR. Right now, it's not even worth putting on. Anyone have recommendations for other quality headsets?  

7 hours ago, insubordinator said:

Nope. They are keeping everyone in the dark about actually working on a fix. I'm looking into something comparable or maybe a bit better that is not HTC so I can get back into VR. Right now, it's not even worth putting on. Anyone have recommendations for other quality headsets?  

Can anyone from HTC: moderator, staff or whoever... confirm the arey working on a solution ?

Sorry folks for the late response, we are not forgeting the 40-series users. 
We are still in the middle of discussion with Nvidia R&D team, as they were previous at holiday seasons.
Once they send us the test driver, we will varify the solution as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patient. 

On 1/9/2023 at 9:04 AM, C.T. said:

Sorry folks for the late response, we are not forgeting the 40-series users. 
We are still in the middle of discussion with Nvidia R&D team, as they were previous at holiday seasons.
Once they send us the test driver, we will varify the solution as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patient. 

Will this also address the performance issues with the original Vive Pro on the 4090 and 4080? I've been unable to use either my Vive Pro 2 or Vive Pro eversince getting an RTX 4080.

Dear HTC Support Team: The time you take to fix something a serious as this is to high, this is unacceptable to us consumers. Please put this kind of things in your prioritizes, otherwise people will start choosing other brand VR Headsets, which dont have or solve their problems quicker.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Badelhas said:

Dear HTC Support Team: The time you take to fix something a serious as this is to high, this is unacceptable to us consumers. Please put this kind of things in your prioritizes, otherwise people will start choosing other brand VR Headsets, which dont have or solve their problems quicker.

Thanks

Exactly this, infact...

On 1/7/2023 at 11:12 PM, insubordinator said:

If you're willing to spend a bit over twice the price of a Vive Pro 2 (tall order but I mean I'm still going to at least recommend it) I ultimately ended up buying a Varjo Aero a week after I got my 4080 and honestly, I've enjoyed it so much more than my Vive Pro 2 that I recently sold it as I lost faith in HTC solving this issue in a timely manner as it's apparently not enough of a priority for them, especially considering the issue was solved by Varjo within weeks of the 4090 release. I've kept my Vive Pro 1 as I did the GearVR lens mod on it and honestly think it's a far superior HMD to the Vive Pro 2 anyways and I hope to use it again one day... but I'm not having high hopes at this point.