Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

Tried the Beta-update of Vive Console (I think. It was hard to tell as it had the same version-number as the "normal" beta?). The good, I got almost ZERO reprojection (0.1%) in 120hz (at 52% resolution. 3300x3300-ish) when trying SteamVR Home. Before I got at least 30-40%. The bad is that it introduced a strange graphical artifact. Looks a little like screentearing that "floats" up and down. It comes and goes, so its not present all the time. I tried with HAGS on and off but made no differance. At 90hz I didnt see the screen-tearing artifact, although i did not try that long.

Whats also interesting is that having AURA-RGB enabled no longer seemed to cause any dropped frames. (tried with both on and off, and really saw no difference)

Same "tearing" problem at 120Hz (3200x3200) in Steam VR Home (I use an extended mountain view environment). I began with almost zero reprojection like Jaw_B but when I went outside the chalet, reprojection went up to 20/25% with some CPU peaks too. It decreased slowly down to 8/9% after a while (maybe less but I stopped the test after 2/3 minutes walking around).

Edited by Aragorn 76

7 hours ago, Jaw_B said:

Tried the Beta-update of Vive Console (I think. It was hard to tell as it had the same version-number as the "normal" beta?). The good, I got almost ZERO reprojection (0.1%) in 120hz (at 52% resolution. 3300x3300-ish) when trying SteamVR Home. Before I got at least 30-40%. The bad is that it introduced a strange graphical artifact. Looks a little like screentearing that "floats" up and down. It comes and goes, so its not present all the time. I tried with HAGS on and off but made no differance. At 90hz I didnt see the screen-tearing artifact, although i did not try that long.

Whats also interesting is that having AURA-RGB enabled no longer seemed to cause any dropped frames. (tried with both on and off, and really saw no difference)

I observed the same screentearing that floats up and down as you describe on my 2nd PC finally. 
Out team is checking on this now. 

10 hours ago, C.T. said:

I observed the same screentearing that floats up and down as you describe on my 2nd PC finally. 
Out team is checking on this now. 

I'm currently using a 4090 and I'm having a problem. Can I get the file too?

2 hours ago, kissboy said:
I'm currently using a 4090 and I'm having a problem. Can I get the file too?

I can DM you the code, but as stated in the previous comment, we've just replicated the artifacts recently, and will continue to update the private release line based on the discussion with NV.

1 hour ago, C.T. said:

I can DM you the code, but as stated in the previous comment, we've just replicated the artifacts recently, and will continue to update the private release line based on the discussion with NV.

Great! Please send it to me by DM.
I will proceed with the TEST quickly and upload it on the feed.

• Like 1