WiFi

On 10/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, StevieZakhour said:

Hi All

Has anyone noticed lag when using the Focus 3 over WiFi 6e with the Netgear RAXE500?

Cant say about that specific router but my focus 3 works perfectly with a UniFi6 Enterprise and our Cisco Wifi6 acesspoints not much of a difference tbh. I would look into the router itself being bad or wrongfully setup with to many devices connected and so on. 

That's interesting. We purchased a few UniFi U6-Enterprise, we have 4 Focus 3 headsets.

My setup:

I have created 1 SSID to be broadcasted from 2 U6-Enterprise AP (I created a group within the SSID called WiFI6e). The 2 U6-Enterprise are connected to a UniFi 24 port gb switch which is connected to a Dream Machine Pro via a SPF+ 1gb cable. Each AP will have 2 Focus 3 headsets connected, this is done by locking the Focus 3 to an access point (lock to a access point). All settings, i.e., channels are set automatically (I made sure 6ghz is enabled, this the only band ticked in the SSID - 2.4 and 5 are turned off).

Unfortunately, I still get lag when using all 4 Focus 3 headsets simultaneously. Each Focus 3 headset is connected via Vive Business Streaming to a PC (I have 4 PC's on the same network via gb ethernet as the Focus 3 headsets and U6-Enterprise). Vive Business Streaming bitrate is set to 20mbps (performance). I followed HTC's advise on setting the graphics card to maximum performance (all PC's use the RTX 2080 graphics card).

Did you mount your U6-Enterprise on the ceiling? I have the AP's mounted on the wall approx. 2 meters apart. Do you have recommendations on settings, i.e. channel widths, channel and others? 

Thank you!

Edited by StevieZakhour

• 11 months later...
On 10/31/2022 at 2:25 PM, GhostPsi said:

Cant say about that specific router but my focus 3 works perfectly with a UniFi6 Enterprise and our Cisco Wifi6 acesspoints not much of a difference tbh. I would look into the router itself being bad or wrongfully setup with to many devices connected and so on. 

What country setting do you have on the U6E, here in france the wifi6e is unstable with it, can't use it at all, could be a country issue 

I still experience lag when using all four Focus 3 headsets simultaneously. Each Focus 3 headset is connected to a PC through Vive Business Streaming. I have four PCs on the same network asphalt paving cost , connected via gigabit Ethernet, along with the Focus 3 headsets and U6-Enterprise. The Vive Business Streaming bitrate is set to 20 Mbps.Despite my efforts, I am encountering persistent lag issues while utilizing all four Focus 3 headsets simultaneously. Each headset is seamlessly connected to a dedicated PC through the reliable Vive Business Streaming platform. It is worth mentioning that all four PCs, along with the headsets and U6-Enterprise, are interconnected via high-speed gigabit Ethernet. Furthermore, the bitrate for Vive Business Streaming has been meticulously configured to a commendable 20 Mbps.However, despite these meticulous arrangements, the issue of lag persists, hindering the smooth operation of the headsets.

Edited by hiradjackson